73 - PINKY SWEAR

ABBY's POV

"You know, Abby Unnie.. I'm really thankful because she works hard for our songs everyday," Yuqi said. "And although I'm having some difficulties recently, I've been trying hard to keep it from everyone, especially from her."

So it's been like this for her, huh? And the fact that it doesn't even show on her face makes it scarier.

I held her hand in the hopes of comforting her. "You can always talk to me if you need someone."

"But how could I, Abby Unnie? I know how much you're dealing with right now and I don't want to add up to your problems.."

"Hey, what?" I paused for a few seconds, refusing to believe what I just heard. "There's always going to be a place for you in my life, so don't say that. We're almost like a family, aren't we?"

"A family.." she smiled a little to herself. "Thank you.."

Although I'm not sure if she should even thank me at this point, I just accepted it. "So if you're ready to talk about it right now, I'm more than willing to listen.."

Her eyes seemed the same way they were earlier, filled with an overwhelming amount of sadness that even smiling couldn't hide it. "It's the fact that she won't see me."

"Won't see you?"

"Her eyes are always directed to the future of our group, she always puts career on top of anything else," her voice was really sincere at the moment. "It's a good thing.. but will she even have time to look at me in the same way? I'm sure this isn't just going to work out.. although I'm afraid that I might not be able to keep it all to myself soon."

This is a new side of Yuqi that I haven't seen. How it was for her to love someone wholeheartedly.. I guess she was having a constant battle with her feelings all this time.

"W-Were you planning on confessing to her then?" I asked.

Her eyes immediately widened in surprise. "W-What?! I don't know.." she sighed heavily. "It's just.. every moment that we spend together reminds me of how I could never be with her the way that I want us to be. That I should've done something to remove my feelings for her.. but instead, I allowed it to progress for so long and now there's no turning back."

"You should tell her about it on your own before you end up spilling it at the wrong time," I replied. "After all, you never really know how she feels about you. Although it means putting what you have with her right now at risk, it's definitely better if you get your feelings across correctly."

"But I don't want to lose what I have with her now, Abby Unnie.."

"I'm sure nobody does, but if there's one thing that I've learned from Soyeon.. it's that we don't control our hearts, so falling in love with someone isn't supposed to be our fault," I replied. "I'm sure she's going to understand that at least."

"Do you think she would even look at me the same way?"

"You're amazing, Song Yuqi. Many people would do everything just to be with you, but I can't promise you anything. Although I'd say that it's not completely impossible."

After all, Soyeon told me that she used to like me before. She's at least into girls.

"Thank you!" she suddenly pulled me into a hug. "I love you, Abby Unnie!"

I was a little surprised with her affection, but of course I hugged her back. "Come on, I didn't do anything."

"You did, you gave me the courage to tell her about it soon."