*°•[Happy Death Day: Chapter 1]•°*

(Y/N)'s POV
°
I awoke early that morning. It was my birthday after all, and I was excited. I'd be turning 15 today, which meant finally leaving last year's tragic events behind.

I got up out of my bed, the warm light from my mushroom lamp illuminating a small corner of my room. I shuffled over to the mirror on my wall, taking a long look at my appearance. Normally, I wouldn't care about how I looked, but today was special.

I walked over to the left of the mirror and rummaged through the drawers trying to find something to wear. I found a nice pleated skirt and a black tank top. I put them on and stood in front of the mirror again to see what I looked like. It felt like something was missing.

Making my way over to my dresser again, I looked for something else to pull my entire fit together.

"Aha! Perfect!" I said happily to myself. I had found a cropped hoodie that had chains coming down and around the back. I pulled it over my head and smiled at myself in the mirror.

I continued on my morning routine, fixing my hair, brushing my teeth, the usual. I stepped out of the bathroom and walked into the kitchen to grab myself a quick snack.

"Morning, ugly." I heard my sister greet me as I opened the refrigerator.

"Hey, crusty."

"Look who got all dressed up! What's the occasion?" She said as she walked over to me.

I looked at her with a "you're kidding right?" type expression.

She chuckled. "I'm joking. I know what today is. Happy birthday, little sis"

"Thanks, Vee." I laughed. I moved away from the refrigerator, lunch meat and cheese in hand. Viola made her way beside me.

"Just so you know. I'm proud of you, (Y/N). I know things have been difficult, but I'm glad you pushed through. I love you." She praised. Her hand landed on my shoulder, causing me to jump. She frowned at me. Viola then turned around and left to go back to her room.

I continued to make my grilled ham and cheese sandwich in silence. I sighed as I plated my sandwich.

-Time Skip

"Alright, Viola, I'm heading out!" I yelled as I slipped on my shoes. I heard her shout an "okay" back at me. I then left the apartment and headed to the elevator.

I pulled out my keycard, putting it in its slot then pressed the button to the basement. I knew Larry and the gang were planning something for me, but I didn't know what it was. All he told me was to meet him in the basement, so that's what I was going to do.

I smiled to myself, thinking about what they could possibly have planned for me. I totally felt like I didn't deserve it, but I was still grateful nevertheless. Larry, Ash, Todd, and Chug were always so kind to me.

The elevator dinged, indicating that I was at my stop. I got off the elevator and skipped over to Larry's door. I didn't bother to knock, since Lisa said it was okay for me to just walk in.

My smile grew wider as I made my way to Larry's room. I opened the door, and there Larry was, sitting in his bean bag chair. He was doodling something in his sketchbook that I had got him a couple of months ago.

"Hey, Lar!" I said, walking over to him.

"Oh, hey (Y/N)." His face lit up when he saw me, which made me smile. "Something last minute came up, so I had to delay your surprise."

I cocked an eyebrow at him. "Really? What was it?"

"Mrs. Sanderson needs me to fix her toilet," He huffed. "But after I'm done, we'll be able to start."