*°•[The Blue Haired Boy: Chapter 3]•°*

(Y/N)'s POV
°
The room went silent for a little bit. I chewed on my lip nervously. I didn't want Larry to have to retell the events again for the third time today, so I spoke up first.

"Hey, come here. Shut the door and keep your voice low." I said.

I could see Sal's eyes widen but then he complied. He stepped in, closing the door behind him. He walked over to me, fiddling with the sleeves of his sweater.

I sighed, then began. "Normally, things this gruesome don't happen here," I lied "But anyway, our neighbor, Mrs. Sanderson was murdered."

"Wait, really?!" Sal almost yelled.

"Hey, I said keep your voice low." I whisper yelled at him.

"S-Sorry."

"It's fine. Anyway, Larry saw the whole thing. He was unclogging Mrs. Sanderson's toilet when the killer came in. The scene was pretty nasty, so I'll spare you the details. I happened to walk in the apartment after the killer left because I was going to check on Larry. But when I walked in, I was greeted by a disfigured corpse." I explained.

"Dude, that's terrible! Are you two okay?" He asked worriedly.

"Oh, yeah, I'm fine. I'll probably be traumatized for the rest of my life, but hey, it is what it is." I joked.

Larry laughed along with me. Sal just tilted his head at us.

"Sorry, she uses humor as a coping mechanism." Larry snorted out.

"Shut up, as if you don't either." I laughed again.

"Well, if you don't mind me asking, did you see who the killer was, Larry?" Sal asked.

"Oh, yeah. Definitely Charley, big creeper from 204."

"Wait, dude seriously? Why didn't you tell me earlier?" I groaned.

"I'm sorry, I just know you hate him and I didn't want you to have to stress out about talking to him." Larry said.

I face palmed. Sure, I was grateful for Larry's consideration, but I could have had more time to mentally prepare myself.

"Well, either way, we need to bring Mrs. Sanderson justice and catch this Charley guy." Sal spoke up.

"Well said, Sal Fisher." I chuckled. "So how are we gonna do this?"

"Dunno, I thought you had thought of something. Didn't you try and talk to the police?" Larry asked me, his eyebrow quirked at me.

"Yeah, about that... It didn't go as I had planned."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I'll tell you later, for now let's focus on this." I said, redirecting our attention to solving this case.

"Hey, what's that?" Sal said randomly.

"Oh that? That's my police scanner. I use it to listen in on local police chatter." Larry replied.

"How the hell did you get that thing?"

"That's a story for another day, little dude. Oh, wait! I can use this to call in a fake robbery. Maybe something like a bank robbery?"

"Oh my god, LarBear, you're a genius!" I said, slapping his arm playfully. He groaned at the nickname I used for him, but I didn't care.

"Anyway, once I call the police, you can sneak in the apartment and take a look around. See if you can find anything that we may have missed when we were first in there." Larry added.

I thought for a moment. "Sounds solid."

"Pretty quick to sign me up for the break-in." Sal chuckled.

I blinked at him. Larry started rambling nervously before Sal interrupted. "I was kidding. I've been wanting to take a peek in that room for a while now anyways."

"Oh, cool. I'll go with you in case Charley tries to pull some fuck shit. If he does, I'll beat his ass." I grinned.

Sal laughed then nodded at me. "Heh, thanks. Larry, you should probably switch up the story to an armed robbery at a gas station to make it more believable."

"Good call, dude. You two can head up to Sal's room and wait until I make the call." Larry said before turning around. He picked something up. "Hey, (Nickname), do you still have that walkie talkie I gave you?"

"Yeah, I carry that thing everywhere." I said as I pulled it out from my pocket. The skirt I was wearing had pockets, which made everything super convenient.

"Lit. I'll call you when I'm done. When you get to the apartment, use it to talk to me. Tell me what you find, okay?"

"Alrighty. Let's go, Sal Fisher." I smiled at the boy as I got up from off the bed. I was right, he was shorter than me. Only by a few inches, though.

I headed out of Larry's room, Sal following behind me. We made it to the elevator and stepped in. I looked down at him, he was fiddling with his sleeves again. He was nervous.

"So, Sal, what's your story?" I asked, trying to start a conversation. He looked up at me, letting go of the hem of his sleeve.

"Well I moved here from Jersey with my dad." He said.

"Oh really? I have family who lives in Jersey." I said, smiling. "What was school like up there?"

I could see him roll his eyes. "I hated it, dude. Kids can be assholes."

"Mood. Did you have any friends?"

"I don't even know if you could call them that," the elevator dinged and we stepped off. Sal continued "They did have a nickname for me, though."

"Oh wow. What is it?"

"Sally Face." He said, wiping away a fake tear from his mask.

"Why Sally Face?" I snorted out. We walked into his apartment.

"Because of the mask. And the way I dress I guess. I figured if I owned up to the name, they couldn't use it against me." He explained.

"Period. I could never, I would have punched somebody." I laughed.

"Hey, Sal," I heard another voice speak up from the living room as we walked  in. "Whose your new friend?"

"Oh hey dad. This is (Y/N)." He introduced me.

I smiled and waved. I was always awkward around adults, but Sal's dad seemed nice enough.

"Nice to meet you, sir."

"Oh, just call me Henry."

"Ah, okay."

We talked a little more before Sal took me to his room. I noticed he started messing with the ends of his sleeves again, so I knew he was nervous. I smiled devilishly at him before speaking up.

"You never had a girl in your room before, Sally?"

His eyes snapped over to me, then down to the ground.

"Wh-What? Of course I have!" He stuttered out. I chuckled at his nervous stature and obvious bluff

"Sure thing, bud." I laughed. I took a look around his room. Not much had been unpacked, there were still boxes everywhere and his bed wasn't set up yet. I noticed his dresser had some pill bottles on them. I squinted at one. 'Xolof' was what one of them said.

I frowned at this. I knew what that medication was for, I actually had some bottles myself. It made me sad that he had to take those meds. It kind of made me want to comfort him, but I didn't want to act too weird.

My thoughts were interrupted by the gurgling sound of my walkie talkie in my pocket. I reached down and grabbed it, pressing down the talk button.

"Yo, what's up?" I said into it.

"I heard some shuffling so you guys should be clear to go investigate now." I heard Larry speak up.

"Lit. I'll call you again once we're inside safely." I said before letting go of the talk button.

I turned to face Sal, who was currently messing with one of the smaller boxes he had. Another smile formed on my lips.

"C'mon, we have some detective work to do, Sal Fisher!"