*°•[Protect Me: Chapter 4]•°*

(Y/N)'s POV

°
Sal and I stepped inside 403. The atmosphere in the room was still pretty thick. I gulped, and took a look around the room again. They did a terrible job of cleaning everything up, there was still broken furniture and blood everywhere. I gagged. Mrs. Sanderson didn't deserve any of this.

Sal moved around me, taking a closer look at the couch. I walked around, clutching my hands to my chest. I didn't like being in here, but I'd rather not have Sal be up here all by himself. Especially since he was new to this place.

"Hey, (Y/N)? I think I may have found something here." Sal said out of no where, which kind of startled me. I turned to face him.

"Really? What is it?" I asked, walking over to where he stood.

He pointed at a small coffee table on the right side of the couch. I frowned. The table had Mrs. Sanderson's pony collection. Remembering how much she would talk about them made my heart hurt.

"Look, right about here, it looks like there's a small clearing in the blood." I looked to where he was pointing on the table. Sure enough he was right. There was a space missing where one of her ponies would have been. Suddenly my jaw dropped.

"Holy shit. Dude, I think Charley took one of her ponies. I remember one of them used to be right there." I said. I took a step back and grasped onto the walkie talkie in my pocket.

"Hey, Larry." I waited for a response.

"Yeah? What's up? Did you find anything?"

"I didn't. Sal did, though. One of Mrs. Sanderson's glitter ponies is missing." I said into the walkie talkie. Tears pricked at the corner of my eyes.

The death of Mrs. Sanderson finally took a toll on me. She was like the second mother of my sister and I. Her and M. Sanderson were always so kind to us. The truth was, I already knew why Charley had murdered Ms. Sanderson. I couldn't help but feel like it was my fault, though.

"Dude, that's fucked. Come back down here and I'll be able to help a little more." Larry said before disconnecting.

I bit down on my lip. I didn't realize I had been crying until I felt a hand on my shoulder. I jumped at the sudden contact, but looked down to see Sal standing there staring up at me.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked, concern lacing his tone.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Let's go." I said, moving his hand off my shoulder.

Time Skip to the Basement-

We walked through the apartment to Larry's room. I was silent for most of the way down, and didn't bother to say anything when I walked into Larry's room. I just plopped myself down on his bed and buried my face into his pillow.

"Hey, dudes. So I was thinking that maybe Charley could have taken the pony. I was wondering if you guys could go up to his apartment and see if he has it." Larry said.

A muffled groan erupted from my throat. I hated Charley with every fiber of my being. He was always so creepy and constantly made advances towards me.

I heard Larry speak up. "I know, (Nickname), but he might be more willing to talk with you there. And plus, you'll have Sal there with you."

I looked up from the pillow and stared at Larry, then took a quick glance at Sal. "Yeah I know, I just hate seeing his ugly face. He fucking breathes and I automatically want to shove my foot down his throat."

"If you don't mind me asking, why can't you go and do it? I mean we already snuck in the apartment upstairs." Sal pointed out. I rolled my eyes because I knew what Larry's response would be.

"I'm not on good terms with the creep. He thinks I stole his snacks or some dumb shit. Fucking fatty." Larry responded, his tone growing irritated.

I groaned again, but decided this was for the better. "Alright, Sal Fisher. We have work to do." I got up and stretched, my back cracking as I did.

Sal just nodded at me. "Oh, before you go, take this baggie. You can use it to put the pony in when you get the chance." Larry said before handing Sal the baggie.

"Thanks, LarBear." I grinned. Larry frowned at me, then pushed me and Sal out his room. I chuckled lightly.

"We've been doing a lot of walking, haven't we?" Sal laughed from beside me. I smiled at him.

"And we're gonna have to do a lot more." I joked. We made it to the elevator, and I pressed the button to the first floor. Sal tilted his head at me.

"Why are we going to the first floor? I thought Charley lived on the second floor." He asked me.

"He does. But I figured if we're going to visit Charley, might as well bring him something. Y'know, sweeten him up a little."

"Oh, okay. Well lead the way, (Y/N)."

"Call me (Nickname)." I smiled at him again. The elevator dinged and we stepped out.

[A/N: Hey! Sorry it took me a while to get this chapter out. I've been busy testing and dealing with my ugly ass parents. But anyway, I'm trying to make y/n as inclusive as possible so I might change her pronouns occasionally.]