☆Chapter 10☆

I pushed my way through the throng of students in the school hallways to go and enjoy the tranquillity of the library. The moment I entered the library of my high school, I sighed in content. This was what I had been craving for more than a week now. 'Serenity and being alone.'

Finding a secluded corner, away from the prying and judgmental eyes, I took a seat. Inhaling a lungful of air, I exhaled it, feeling almost better. 'I need this so much. Oh, how much I've been longing for this feeling!'

After what I had seen at the restaurant the other day, I have been feeling really downcast. After a lot of vigorous thinking, I had made a decision to talk to my mom but she didn't come home until later. Then by the time the weekend came, I had lost all the courage to speak about the matter with her.

I rummaged through my bag for the lunchbox and my favourite novel 'The Lost Symbol' by Dan Brown that I was currently reading. Second time reads always interests me a lot because I am aware of all the spoilers. 

I set my lunchbox aside and opened the book to the page I was on. Folding my arms on the table, I rested my chin on them to keep my body comfortable. I was so engrossed in the reading that I forgot all about my lunchbox and the people milling around.

"Thought I'd find you here." A shuddered breath escaped my lips and I clutched my chest in fright. I looked up to see Mason smirking down at me and resisting the urge to burst out into a fit of laughter.

"Why do you always have to scare me?!" I whisper-yelled at him. He took a seat across from me and shrugged good-naturedly. I shook my head at him with a small smile on my face.

"But on second thought, I didn't take you for a mystery/thriller fan," he said, pointing to my hardcover novel.

"Looks can be deceptive, mister." I laughed at his observation. "Plus, you don't know a lot of things about me. Which is saying something because even I was unaware of a few things about myself," I said the last part to myself and Mason tilted his head to gauge something but I swiftly changed the topic. "And mystery is my favourite genre although followed by romance," I finished shyly.

"I love mystery books too."

"You read?" My eyes widened on their own accord.

"Of course I do, miss," he said, mocking me. "We both stereotyped each other, ha!" 

I was shocked to say the least. I didn't know that Mason loved reading too. From the looks of it, he seemed more of like a rough on the edge type of guy who loves soccer, gaming and playing drums. And this new revelation was heart fluttering to me. 

In my opinion, I find the guys loving to read, without a doubt adorable and cute for some reason. I don't think I'd ever be able to find myself not liking him.

"Wow," I breathed with a smile.

"Yeah and Sydney Sheldon's my favourite author," he replied with an excited gleam in his eyes.

"Oh my God, no way! Bingo! 'Cause same!" By that point, I had almost forgotten everything that I had been thinking about lately and especially the part where I was in a library.

"No shit! You like his books too?" It was his turn to look at me with stupefaction.

"I love his books," I whispered in a happy daze. 'He loves books and Sidney Sheldon. Can he be any more awesome and dreamy?' He laughed at my expression and I gestured with my arms to give him the sign of calm down.

"Sure thing, ma'am." He gave me a two finger salute and I grinned at him. "You know, Bethany's been searching for you all over the school but missed out a spot." He tapped his index finger on the table.