☆Chapter 52☆

A year later

"Is the stage all set?"

"Check that."

"Guards on patrol?"

"Check that."

Lena, the event manager, was barking orders and questions to her team. The whole back room was in a buzzing frenzy and I smiled at everyone's enthused pace to do things.

Staring at myself in the dressing mirror, I took a deep breath in and clenched my fists to bring the strength in my body. I was wearing a silver shimmery tank top and a black skater skirt paired with knee length heeled boots. My blonde hair that now reached below my shoulders was tied into tiny braids. My makeup was dark and I loved the look. 'Badass,' I thought with a smirk.

Today would be my first concert of the tour held in Nashville, a hub for the musicians. The reactions that my first album - 'Serendipity', received were quite phenomenal. I had not expected people to love it. I remember celebrating it with my family, friends and the whole team. But the thing that I always cherish about that day was Mason's surprise. It was generic but everything with him seemed extraordinary.

Ever since he came back, we've been inseparable. He's become so much more dedicated in his life. He not only plays drums and spends time with me but also gives a moment to his writing during his spare time. It makes me admire him that much more.

I was playing a random beat on my thighs with my hands while doing my vocal practice when I felt arms circling around my neck from behind. Turning my head, I saw Mason smiling at me through the mirror. 

He looked really handsome in his black jeans, white t-shirt beneath a bomber jeans jacket. "Hey," he whispered. "You nervous?" Taking off his arms, he stood against the dresser this time. I groaned in disappointment at the loss of contact but he just smirked, enjoying it very much.

Sighing, I leaned my head on the chair. "This is the first time I'll be facing more than 15,000 people. Of course, I am helluva nervous. I mean, this number might not be a big deal to a lot of people but this crowd is ginormous for me. I am exuding so much nervously excited energy because there are a lot of people out there, waiting for me to bring a thousand megawatt smiles on their faces. The whole band is relying on me," I ranted, playing with my fingers.

"You'll do really fine up there, Rach. I just know it." He kissed me on my forehead followed by a light peck on my lips. My eyes closed on their own accord. "Besides, you're finally getting to perform up on that huge stage that you've always dreamt of."

Chuckling, I nodded my head. "Yeah… thank you, Mace. I don't know what I would've done without you."

"I know you'd have lived." 

"Shut up," I grunted. He winked and was about to ruffle my hair but I glared at him to back off.

Regina approached me with an urgency in her step. "Okay, listen up, babe. You're to be up on the stage in…" she drawled, staring at her wristwatch. "Yup, in about like five minutes. So, I'd suggest that you make your band ready. Go and give them a pep talk. Go, go, go, go!" She clapped, already rushing off somewhere else.

"Come on, let's do this," Mason said, leading me to the centre of the room.

After inhaling a deep breath, I exhaled it to get ready to prepare a team that's more experienced at performing in a huge crowd than I ever was. "Huddle up, everybody!" I exclaimed, clapping once above my head to call for their attention.

All of them scurried from each direction to form a circle around Mason and I. He held my hand tightly after intertwining our fingers. Nodding at him gratefully, I gazed at all the vocalists, instrumentalists and dancers as their faces held another level of exuberance. Putting on a serious face, I readied myself to prepare them.