☆Chapter 12☆

I am the type of person to make impulsive decisions regardless of any consequences and would regret them later. When I had informed my mom in an imperative manner that I needed a job, I realized that I wasn't thinking straight.

Sitting on my bed, I decided to cross that from my imaginary bucket list and immediately a burden was lifted off of my shoulders. Whenever I put unwanted and unnecessary problems in my basket, I end up going through a stressful phase for days. So as to relieve myself, I cross them off to feel light and better.

I smiled in relaxation but it quickly faded away when my eyes fell on the small calendar on my bedside drawer. I pursed my lips when I saw the date. It was Saturday, October 8 today and in exactly a month, it would be my mom's birthday.

"How can I forget it?" I whispered to myself. It might not seem and sound like a big deal but for me it was. Every year, my mom and I celebrate our special days together by going to a comfy restaurant. But every year, it was also different because I was unaware of our situation.

I exhaled a heavy breath and covered my face with my hands. A month would be more than enough for someone with sufficient money in their hands but very less for broke people like me. 'Now, I will seriously have to find a job. By hook or by crook,' I thought.

I didn't mind having a job but the biggest task was to actually find a job. Walking to my wardrobe, I opened a small drawer where I hid all my savings. I counted the bills but they were not sufficient enough.

Groaning, I fell back on my bed and tried to come up with a plan to surprise her on her birthday. That's when the light bulb in my head went off and I smiled to myself. I trudged toward a book on my study table. Taking a seat on the chair, I flipped through the book for an empty page.

Finally finding one, I scribbled down my plan and steps of how I would be executing everything. 

Step 1: Find a job.

Step 2: Buy a guitar from my savings.

As soon as I wrote the second step, I did a double take. I didn't have a single knowledge about the guitars. I didn't know how to buy a guitar, especially me being an amateur. My mind went to Bethany, Dylan and Mason. When I came up with these names who are quite skilled in playing guitars, I decided who could help me out.

Bethany was a good choice but I was still a bit uncomfortable around her. I could imagine myself choosing a guitar alongside her but not actually satisfied with it. I might end up buying a guitar that will not match my taste.

Dylan's always a big no-no. Like I might have to be on drugs or even worse if I would choose him to be my companion. I shuddered and rolled my eyes, not even able to imagine the scenario in my head. The only thing I could imagine was him beating the crap out of me with my favourite guitar in front of an audience. 'Typical him!'

When my mind went to Mason, my thoughts were bearable. But the only thing stopping me was how I was going to ask him to help me out. Will he volunteer to help me out to begin with? I cleared my mind from all the negative thoughts and decided to give it a shot. 'I can try.'

The third step was as difficult as the first two ones above it. Just buying a guitar wouldn't do me any good. I would need someone to teach me to play it too. The only civil person I could think of again was Mason. 

I didn't have anything against Bethany because she has really changed her attitude toward me and we're friends but she has not been able to penetrate my comfort zone yet. On the other hand, Mason has always been good to me and is not influenced by anyone to insult me.

Step 3: Ask Mason to teach me to play guitar. If he doesn't then let's eliminate the whole plan and come up with something else entirely.

Step 4: Let's just keep it a secret. At least for now.