☆Chapter 27☆

"When I had said hangout, I thought that we would go to someplace like an amusement park or-or a beach or maybe even go trekking. Anything but here," Bethany said, pointing toward the ice skating rink. "An ice rink," she grumbled and glared at Dylan.

Well, Dylan took the initiative to choose our hangout spot and nobody seemed to mind it up until now. Except for me. 

I have always loved ice skating. When I was a kid, mom would always take me to the ice rinks if I had the bad days. Snow fascinates me so much and ice skating is no less. What is even more interesting is that I've been quite good at skateboarding because of ice skating. The wheels don't scare me anymore.

"I think ice skating is way better than trekking. I mean, I'm not into that kinda sport," I said, shaking my hands and laughing at her situation.

"To be honest? I'd like to agree with Bethany here. I mean, ice skating? It's going to turn out to be a huge disaster for someone like me. I am the worst you'll find when it comes to ice skating," Mason whined and I pursed my lips to stop the upcoming laughter.

He must have seen my expression because before I knew it, he ruffled my hair playfully. "Hey!" I swatted his arm and put some distance between us. "Oh, come on guys. It isn't even that bad. I'll teach you," I offered, not wanting to leave this place. 

The memories here are too good for me to forget. I reminisced about how my mom used to hold my hands tightly so that I wouldn't slip. She's the one who's taught me how to ice skate because it's her favourite sport too. Let's just say, it must be running in the genes.

"You can ice skate?" Dylan asked, raising his eyebrows. Shock was written all over his face. 

'Why does that have to come off as a shock?' I thought. 'Just because I don't go around telling my likes and dislikes doesn't mean I don't have any.

"Of course or else I'd be the first one to leave this place." If it would have been somewhere that I didn't like and if it were especially chosen by Dylan then I was sure to throw a tantrum. He's lucky that we're at an ice rink, I could never say no to that even if I wanted to.

"I am still a bit wary about this idea," Mason said, looking around the place and furrowing his brows sadly.

"Trust me, you won't be once you're over there on that ice," I said, trying to cut off his worries. He looked at me and gave me a serene smile and my heart melted just looking at it.

"Since when did you like ice skating?" Bethany asked Dylan with a frown. Her utter displeasure for the place could be detected even from miles. "I don't wanna end up flat on my sexy derrière because then it would be hella embarrassing." She was panicked but was trying to sound chill by passing a funny comment while looking at the people milling around and skating. 

I snorted at her statement and she pouted like an uninterested kid.

The laughs were echoing from all around the place and I couldn't help but be excited to go inside the rink as well. That adrenaline to feel my hair flying in all directions was too good a chance to pass away. 

"Been here a few times. Though, I can say that I am better than you, Beth." Dylan smirked, shrugging as if it didn't bother him that his sister was getting anxious. "But don't you worry about it because your brother's gonna teach you just like Rachel will do to Mason." The way he said that I would teach Mason, I thought I saw a hint of anger in his eyes but that must be my imagination.

"I don't wanna do this. You guys go ahead. Plus, I'd be glad to watch everybody ice skating," Bethany said, turning around when I grabbed her arm to stop her.