☆Chapter 35☆

Tranquillity is so underrated. I love the quiet and peace whenever I want to cool down. If I am given a chance to go to the countryside and sit amongst the greenery and have a talk with each and every kind of animal, then I am in for it with no complaints. My mind was conjuring up all the scenarios of where I would genuinely be happy.

I always tend to do this when I am acutely stressed out. This somehow makes my heart flutter in happiness and I forget about all my problems for just about a millisecond. Yes, that's right. It is almost as if it doesn't even help me but I try to divert my thoughts anyway.

I decided to sit in the library for my lunch break because I wasn't ready to answer Mason's and Bethany's questions about why I have aged 100 years in just a day.

Mason and I couldn't talk during the calculus class because he had come a few minutes late. He did look at me with furrowed eyebrows and gave me a look which clearly meant, 'we need to talk'. 

To be honest, I was too tired to even do that. As soon as the period was over, Mr. James called him out for some reason. I was in a dilemma of whether I should wait or not. So I waited for a few seconds and then left because I didn't know if I had the energy to talk. Besides, I already suspected his questions. Not even his puzzle book could help me this time.

Bethany and I don't usually have an encounter before the lunch break so it was easy to avoid her.

I rested my head above my folded arms. Yesterday, after I'd come back home, I searched the whole house like I had decided. My mom was so worried because of my behaviour and search that she had tried talking to me multiple times but was left unanswered. I didn't mean to worry her but it kind of happened naturally.

When I still couldn't find my diary after the whole house search, I did it again in my room but by then I knew that I was just doing it for the heck of it. Like I was obliged to do so. 

During dinner, I had confronted my mom about my issue. She didn't look so happy with my problem either. I cried and ranted out my frustration in front of her and she listened to me without any judgments. 

She didn't scold me for my irresponsibility and I felt so much better to get that out of my system. She gave me the encouragement that I needed and told me to stay strong. Although, it didn't last long because as soon as I woke up today, I was as fresh as a zombie.

My hopes though hadn't vanished since my last resort was to talk to the janitor about my concerns. I came to school early just to ask for my diary. One of the janitors showed me their quarters and I looked around but like everywhere else, it wasn't there either. After that, my instincts were sure that it was stolen.

It might sound annoying that I was fussing over a stupid diary but that's the thing. It wasn't a stupid diary because it has all my hard work. I'd written about 7 to 8 songs in it but they're all gone now. 

What was even more excruciating was that I don't remember the lyrics of any song except for the 'Heart Of Gold' because I've sung it way too many times to even forget about it, which was the only good thing. I had quickly written that song in my memo before it went downhill too.

I heard the clacking of heels coming in my direction and I knew who that person was without even looking up. I could recognize that clacking from anywhere because it belonged to only one person and that's Bethany.

I pretended to fall asleep so that she wouldn't bother me but some people just don't get the signal. "Rach?" She called out, shaking my shoulder.

Scooting a bit away from her, I looked up because I didn't like the unremitting shaking. "Hey, Beth," I mumbled sleepily. Guess, I really was half asleep.