☆Chapter 13☆

Mason had texted me earlier, giving me the address of an instrument shop that he trusted the most and saying that he usually goes there if he finds any defect or faces any problem for his instruments.

I plugged my earphones in and stuffed my phone in the pocket while getting ready on my skateboard. Riding on the skateboard always gives me a different kind of adrenaline rush. 

My mom had gifted this to me a few years back on my twelfth birthday because since that day up until now I have been overly obsessed with sparkles, colours and glitters. So she decided to gift me with a purple coloured sparkly skateboard. I had named it 'Sparkles'. 

She has always been thoughtful whenever it comes to giving me gifts on my birthdays. She works according to my trends. This thought itself gave me the determination to do the same for her this year.

I pushed my skateboard with an increased force when the chorus of my favourite song 'A Million Dreams' started.

Every time I listen to this song, there's this sudden urge in me to scream at the top of my lungs. The lyrics are so powerful that I couldn't help but smile at each and every line. It is so inspiring.

I paused the song midway and removed my earphones when I reached my destination. Getting off of my skateboard, I harshly stomped on its rear end to catch the hold of it. This is the only stunt I could perform on the skateboard and I do it almost every time.

Looking ahead, I saw the huge instrument shop with the board hung above it saying, 'Muse-Sick8'. The eight in the end was designed intricately like a guitar. 

I raised my eyebrows at the creativity of the name. I could only imagine the person who came up with the name to be a huge rock music fan. Although, that is just my theory. But for the life of me, I couldn't fathom the fact, why 8 of all the numbers? Just because it's easy to draw a guitar using this number? What about the other instruments? 'How unfair,' I thought.

"Hey, there." I turned around to see Mason smiling at me. Pushing away my thoughts, I realized how childish they were. I blushed in embarrassment and thanked internally that he couldn't hear my quirky thoughts.

"Hey. Didn't see you there," I said, pointing at him for emphasis and leaned on my skateboard.

"Yeah, you were too busy gauging the name," he said, chuckling and raising his eyebrows at the shop's name. I just shrugged my shoulders. 

I assumed that he must have arrived after me because I would have noticed him. He looked really good in a short sleeved white t-shirt and black jeans. I must admit that white looked really good on him. His hair was not messy but it was not combed either. That is the classic definition of Mason. He suggested that I keep my skateboard in his car for the time being and I agreed.

"C'mon, let's go," he said, nudging me forward with his elbow.

As soon as I entered, my face was filled with awe. As far as my eyes could reach, all I could make out were the different types of instruments. Guitars, ukulele, mandolin, keyboards, pianos, violins, flutes, drums and many others I couldn't even name because I was unaware of their existence till today. I couldn't believe that each instrument has a different variation amongst them. For someone who wants to be a singer, I was quite illiterate, to say the least.

Looking at the varieties of these instruments reminded me of something. 'Does Mason really play all of them?' Because knowing how to play each and every instrument on this Earth seemed impossible to me now. Before knowing about their existence, I would have believed the rumor but right now I was having second thoughts about believing it.

"Mason?" I asked him, still gazing at all the shiny instruments. If starstruck had a face, it would most probably be me.

"Yeah?"