three

jungkook knew frank would eventually be here at this hour, parked somewhere at the back entrance. he carefully looked for the unusual cab as soon as they exited the club, still holding mina's wrist to make sure she wouldn't get lost or faint.

he sighed in relief when he noticed the perky duck painting near the taxi logo on the old man's cab.

frank was in his sixties but he looked about the same age as jungkook's dad. he's been driving this cab for over forty years now, taking jungkook and his friends back home all the time when they were too drunk to even open the car doors. since there were usually five of them, frank always broke the law, risking his driver license by letting jimin sit on the others' laps in the back, as in the cab were only four seats available.

frank was a clever grandpa though, he was only parking his taxi at the back entry of the octagon club just to be extra safe. at the main entrance there were always strange guys creeping around, so instead of doubling his clients and risking his life, he decided that he would stick to the other entry and avoid spooky people that could hurt the defenseless, poor old guy.

jungkook lightly knocked three times on the passenger seat's window, making the old man open it immediately as he recognized the boy's signature knock.

"kookie! do you need a ride home?" frank smiled warmly at the young boy. he didn't even notice the girl behind him as his massive frame was entirely covering her small body.

"nope, but my friend needs one, please. i'll pay." jungkook lied and bit his lower lip, beginning to search for his wallet in his back pocket. it was just bizarre to ask frank to drive a stranger home.

"no need to pay, buddy. thanks for the duck painting again. i owe you big time." frank smiled wholeheartedly as jungkook nodded respectfully as a response, struggling to get a fighting mina into the car.

"i thought we were going to f—"

"we're gonna find nemo some other time!" jungkook widened his eyes, interrupting mina from saying unholy things next to the elderly man. she just had a confused expression plastered all over her face, finally giving up and entering the cab as she started feeling dizzy. thank god.

"where do you live, young lady?" frank's smile was friendly and cheerful.

"uh..." mina hit her forehead, trying to remember her address. "513 yeongdong-daero." 

frank nodded, typing it on his gps. "that's not far from here." he stated.

"take her home safely!" jungkook spoke and the old man bowed his head, murmuring an 'as always' under his breath.

the boy started massaging his forehead as soon as frank drove away. his body stiffened as he felt a rushing wave of anxiety taking over him, a sudden urge to kick something vigorously running through his body. why did he come here all by himself anyway? no alcohol, no friends and he was still constantly thinking about you, what the hell was he thinking?

jungkook was questioning his life decisions while standing in the alleyway with his hands in his pockets, poking the inside of his cheek with his tongue when he felt some eyes on him. he turned around to see who had the audacity to stare — only to see no one especially paying attention to him... again. just the bodyguards minding their business, people crossing the street and a girl kneeling down to tighten the laces to her boots. weird.

• • •

jungkook's phone

Namjoon: hey Kook, are you still at the club?

Jungkook: I'm going to leave now

Jungkook: I got bored lol