ten

"die, bitchass! die!"

jungkook's mouth was wide open while watching you.

he was dying to hold your hand, he wanted to intertwine your fingers with his more than anything in the world. it was confirmed for the hundredth time, you were the girl of his dreams.

"this russian guy i'm playing against to said i'm going to lose!" you frowned at the screen. "he called me a neudachnik? suck my toes!"

she's so cool, jungkook thought as you were manoeuvring the joystick with so much tenacity, slaughtering every creature around you with your silver sword. in his eyes, you were the coolest person on earth.

"i won! i won." you smirked, tucking a strand of hair behind your ear, trying to hide your excitement and not to jump on jungkook. "i beat this guy's ass just like that."

"this is so hot." jungkook unconsciously mumbled under his breath.

"huh?" you turned around to face him. he looked like he's seen a ghost with his mouth somewhat open, broad shoulders slightly trembling and swelled deer-like doe eyes.

"uh... nothing. you were cool." jungkook's cheeks burned like hell, he felt his heart racing in his chest. he just complimented his favorite girl.

"thanks, you weren't too bad yourself." you casually replied, smiling at the crisped boy who looked like he shitted his pants.

• • •

"are you sure they're here, hyung?" jimin asked curiously, following yoongi like a lost puppy searching for its owner in the outskirts of seoul.

"yeah, at least that's what his mom said." yoongi looked around for a moment to familiarize himself with the area then went back and followed the gps' directions to the arcade.

his heart was beating erratically in his chest — min yoongi couldn't have counted the times he was truly nervous in his life, but this was one of them. pang mina's life was in his hands and he felt guiltier than ever for wasting so much time in finding her.

yoongi graduated top of his class, every professor that's ever graded him was shocked at his intelligence, tenacity and unique perception of things. he was considered a genius by the rector and everyone that worked in the field of criminal law, being his university's most famous alumni and the role model of a lot of students.

every higher-up wanted min yoongi to work for him, they offered him unimaginable amounts of money, salaries beyond his imagination — but he chose park dongmin. not because he was the chief of police or that he promised to give yoongi as much freedom as he wanted when it came to cases, but because he was your step father.

you meant so much to min yoongi you simply just had no idea. he would genuinely do anything in his powers to protect you, ever since the two of you were in middle school. he fought every guy who tried to mess with you, any bully that even looked your way and confronted anyone who made you uncomfortable even for the slightest bit.

since his parents weren't supportive of his career choice, being absolutely terrified of what could happen to their precious son in the dangerous world they were all living in, your encouragement and endless loyalty helped him pursue his dream... and it happened for you to have the same fantasy as him: both of you wanted to catch the bad guys together, as a team.

min yoongi, your partner in crime, made your life better and that was an understatement to say.

shaking the thoughts of you out of his head, yoongi stopped in front of a place, the gps finally declaring they were at their destination.