six

"so you're not going to talk?" yoongi licked his bottom lip, his fierce stare still locked on yours. "did one of my reported missing cats eat your tongue?"

"you're ridiculous." you scoffed, trying to look as credible and confident as humanly possible. you control the situation, y/n. just take deep breaths, keep lying. "i'm here to hang out with my friends."

"really?" yoongi chuckled and the hostile sound sent shivers down your spine. "and you didn't think of inviting me in the first place? your best friend?"

"you're busy and obsessive over some confidential ass case you won't tell me about... what was i supposed to do?" you talked back, bold and secure on yourself — your lying abilities didn't disappoint after all.

"you know i can't talk about work with you." he made a grimace, exhausted to even continue mocking you.

"your boss is my step dad, i think it's fair enough." you spoke in a cocky manner, putting your hands on your hips.

"do you really want to know?" yoongi exhaled deeply. "some poor girl was kidnapped last week in this exact place and there's absolutely zero evidence i could use to find her. i'm here to catch the bastard who took away the daughter of a sick mom dying right in this moment as we speak." he said through gritted teeth, he looked frustrated and angry. "but you probably knew that already, didn't you?"

"you're delusional and i'm done talking to you. i'll head home first." you glared at yoongi one last time before quickly stepping aside and going out of his sight.

he let out a completely drained groan, sighing and running a hand through his black, freshly washed hair. think, min yoongi.

keeping eye contact and being all puffed up was way harder than you thought since you were an open book in yoongi's eyes. you've never kept things away from him and this was a huge, outrageous secret you didn't know how to handle anymore.

you started doubting yourself as you made your way back to the bar. what if what you were doing was wrong? what if because of you, something happened awful to that girl? or worse, what if you were in her place? what would you do? defenseless, internally begging for help while probably starving to death in someone's basement?

passing by a passed out namjoon taking a nap on the bar, your hands started shaking aggressively when you tried to grab your purse he promised to keep an eye on. your breathing was heavy, panic and trepidation took over your senses, you felt like your miserable self was about to throw up on the bartender in front of you.

"y/n?!" jungkook squalled, shocked at your attempt to look for balance by entirely collapsing on the counter. "oh my god, are you having an anxiety attack? in the club? right now? jesus christ— fuck!" he started ranting, looking around for his friends.

"nonsense..." namjoon raised his finger, waving it in front of jungkook then placing it on his lips. "wee woo! y/n, dummy." his breath reeked of alcohol as he kept saying gibberish to his panicked friend who was frantically moving around. dummy...

the feeling that someone was choking you this whole time slowly disappeared and you finally exhaled the air in your lungs altogether, raising your head up from the counter and perplexedly looking around you.

jungkook shook your shoulders in order to keep you conscious as you were blinking repeatedly. did you just black out in the middle of the club?

"ARE YOU OKAY?" jungkook looked the most worried you've ever seen him, his pupils were dilated as he scanned your face several times. "please tell me you're okay, do i need to call an ambulance—"

"i'm fine, kook!" you took his wrist in your hand, stopping him from taking out his phone and dialling the emergency number. "can you please take me home?" you pleaded, still holding his arm.