five

the next day

"kick it!" jungkook yelped again, shaking the board made of wood he was tightly holding in front of you.

"isn't that some nct song?" you chuckled, clearly amused by your own joke but jungkook remained expressionless.

he was taking this way too vigorously, both of you were dressed in taekwondo uniforms, currently training in one of the numerous practice areas in the martial arts department.

"kick it as hard as you can, make sure your legs form that ninety degree angle i showed you yesterday." he repeated vehemently, clenching his jaw as he nodded his head towards you. damn, from kookie to mr. jeon real quick.

"fine, dad!" you rolled your eyes, collecting your strength and punching the hell out of that bloody wooden plank in jungkook's hands that's been your biggest source of exasperation for the past two days, finishing the leg kick with a graceless, dramatic spin you knew jungkook would highly appreciate.

he didn't even move at the impact — hell, he didn't even flinch. the serious look on his face turned into the softest one you've ever seen in an actual millisecond. he smiled proudly, throwing the board on the floor.

"you did it! it was perfect, y/n!" he cheered and you couldn't help but start clapping your hands at his excitement.

you stepped forward, wanting to give him a hug out of reflex. all of your friends were usually seeking skinship, mostly jimin since he was a sucker for cuddles, but never in your life have you ever hugged jungkook or at least showed the tiniest bit of physical affection towards him.

he noticed you were being hesitant, yet he didn't make a move. he was shy and afraid to make you uncomfortable, it was the last thing he wanted.

happiness took over him instead, his body was tingling with an arousing, overwhelming feeling, agitating and stimulating his senses in the best, most thrilling way possible. 

hug him, y/n. you're running out of time.

it was tuesday and that meant mina had been missing for five days now. dongmin told you not to worry since the whole plan was supposed to take a while... getting closer to jungkook and all that. plus, yoongi said he had everything under control, digging and severely searching for any kind of clues with fox and tokyo accompanying him.

he stopped replying to your messages, missed all of your calls and hid himself back in his personal bubble — classic behaviour for yoongi whenever he was working on a complicated case. he locked himself in his office, making a mess out of the walls, sticking leads and scribbling an extra layer of information and suggestions on top of them. no one in the right state of mind would actually comprehend anything listed down there, but the messier it was, the easier it was for yoongi to solve the case.

on the other hand, it was so ambiguous and obscure. all he had were her friends' vague declarations, no other proof, nothing certain to investigate and not a single thing to be completely sure about. he watched the footage provided by the octagon club over and over again, from the moment mina and her girl friends used the main entrance and showed their ids to the security guards, to when kim bomi and lee yun left the club without mina. he had nothing. 

he went back to the club, following the exact path mina and her friends took, entirely putting himself in her shoes. he talked to the bartender who had a shift that night, wanting to keep it on a low profile but ended up asking him several questions, scaring the shit out of the poor guy. he remembered nothing.

he watched the recordings of bomi and yun testifying, over and over again as they were the only valid things he could use, paid attention to their body language, the tone of their voices, any possible sweating or stuttering, he needed to find something that seemed sketchy, some proof that perhaps they were lying. it was the only explanation possible.