ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔽𝕚𝕧𝕖

(Play this song throughout the chapter if you'd like)

You jumped when hearing Hisoka's name roll off of Chrollo's tongue.

You weren't sure if Hisoka was an enemy.

"And why do you think that?" you said, shakily.

Chrollo smiled, happy you asked him this.

"A woman named Machi happens to be a dear friend of mine. You do know her, don't you? he questioned.

Machi. You knew that name sounded farmiliar. Suddenly, your eyes widened and your fingers touched your lip.

You nodded.

"Y/N, I'm a dangerous criminal. I have committed crimes far worse than one could ever imagine. However, you will get to know me and realize that I respect others. And when it comes to the ones I love, I would do anything to help them"

You gave him a confused expression, but nodded, unsure of what this had to do with Hisoka.

"On the other hand, Hisoka is not. Machi told me that you were there. At Hisoka's. She knew exactly who you were the second she saw you" Chrollo explained.

"She knew who you were because of me. If you haven't figured it out by now, I'm the leader of The Phantom Troupe"

Chrollo undid his shirt, and showed you his spider tatoo on his lower right abdomen.

You gasped, clamping your hand over your mouth. Chrollo noticed you were scared, and dropped to his knees in front of you.

He placed his palms on your knee caps and shook his head.

"Y/N, don't worry. You heard what I said before. I respect you, which means I am of no harm to you. Please don't be scared" he smiled, looking goofy trying to seem less intimidating.

You took a deep breath.

"It's okay. I'm a Zoldyck. I'm not shy to bring acquainted with powerful criminals" you said, slightly smiling.

Chrollo relaxed.

"Y/N, I know this is going to be hard to hear. But Hisoka also knew you because of me" said Chrollo, softly. For a cold blooded killer, he was very empathetic.

"What?" you said, emotions rushing through you.

"Hisoka wanted to get to you before I could. He is a member of the troupe as well, as you've probably already figured out" said Chrollo, placing his hand on your forearm.

You could barely see, your vision fogging up with tears. Your eyes were hot, and you felt cries welling up in your throat.

"No no, Y/N, please don't cry" said Chrollo, frantically.

"I should never had told you this, what's wrong with me? I'm sorry" he said, mostly to himself.

You took a deep breath, and choked down your tears. Chrollo handed you a crumpled tissue from his pocket.

"Well what do you want me to do?" you said, your tone changing from sad to angry.

"Hisoka is a member of the troupe because he wants to kill me. That's his sole reasoning. Even though I could probably beat him, a fight with Hisoka would be draining and frankly not something I want to do" Chrollo explained.

"What does that have to do with me, Chrollo?" you said, trying to que him to get to the point.

"Distract him. Hisoka always has his guard up. He is a cold person who is always ready to kill anyone he deems necessary"