ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔼𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥

"Thanks, Illu. You're the best" you said into the phone, hanging up on your brother. You opened up your text messages and saw the contact 'Chrollo Lucilfer' sent in your text thread with Illumi.

You clicked on the contact, and pressed the call button. You inhaled and exhaled nervously. Even though Chrollo said he was a friend, you still couldn't help fearing the man responsible for mass murder and heists.

"Boss's phone" said a deep voice. Shit, he didn't pick up his phone. Whoever was talking to you had no clue who you were.

Shaking, you managed to muster out a few words.

"Hi, uh, I'm Y/N Zoldyck. I need to talk to Chrollo about something" you trembled.

"Oh! You! The boss can't get to the phone, but can I help you out?" he asked, in a slightly kinder tone.

"Um, I don't really know" you whispered. "I made an arrangement with your boss last night, but I'm having second thoughts"

The man talking to you through the phone paused.

"One minute" he said. You heard the phone clatter as he probably placed it down on a table.

You heard muffled talking, the phone being far from the conversation. You cranked up the volume, hoping to hear something.

"She's trying to pussy out" you heard the man talking to you say.

"I told you she would. I win bet, hand over money Franklin" you heard another voice say.

"Not yet, I'm still holding out hope" said someone else who you assumed was Franklin.

"This is what happens when boss trusts someone who isn't a troupe member. They have no loyalty" said the first voice, the man who spoke to you.

"Calm down, Phinks. Cut the girl some slack, she's probably going through a lot. You know how Hisoka gets" said a woman.

"Still, I have no patience to deal with this, Paku. We should just kill her. I'd love to see the pissed look on Hisoka's face" said the man who you now knew was named Phinks.

"May I remind you that the girl is in fact a Zoldyck? Even if she doesn't hold up her end of the bargain, we still aren't killing her. The father, Silva, was able to take down one of our men. Barely anyone is ever able to do that, so I wouldn't want to unleash the wrath of that family. We need them as allies" said a soft and deep voice.

Everyone muttered in agreement. You were glad you had someone logical defending you.

"Phinks, bring her here. If there's anyone who can convince her to stick with us it's me" said the voice of a different woman. She spoke in a slightly sad manner, but still kept herself composed.

"Understood" said Phinks.

Picking back up the phone, Phinks apologized for keeping you on hold.

"Are you at your home right now?" he asked.

"No, but I'm on my way. I should be there in twenty minutes" you explained.

"Alright. I'll meet you in your room and take you back to the base. We want to speak to you in person"

"That's funny. You think that you can even get inside my family's property, let alone my room?" you mocked.

"I've done it before. You assassins think you're all that, but it's not hard to break in" he muttered.

Wow. The Phantom Troupe really were a different breed.

"Alright. Is Chrollo back at your head quarters? I really need to talk to him"