UA Exam and First Day

Chapter 4
UA Exam and First Day
~Izumi POV~
Two Years. It has been about two years since his death. The death of my brother Izuku. Over that time a lot has changed and a lot has happened. We held Izuku's funeral about a week after his death. For the memorial, we had to use his school ID picture as we did not have any recent photos of him. Only ten people showed up. My mothers and I made up three. The Bakugos made up another three. I am pretty sure Katsuki's parents made her come. There was this short old girl named Sorahiko Torina. She apparently trained my mother Toshina when she received One for All. Then there was an American guy, who brought his daughter. Apparently the guy's name was David Shield and he is an old friend of Toshina. His daughter's name is Melissa. I was a bit surprised that my mother had any male friends, but from what I was told he was pretty smart. The last person was a guy with white hair and was decently built. I couldn't make out the specific features of his face. I was not allowed to talk with him, nor was he allowed near the memorial until we left. My mothers did not tell me about him and told me to just just forget him. The only contact we had was when I was staring at him. He looked up and met my gaze and then smiled. Shoka decided not to come because she said she would not be able to hold herself together if she came. I realized that no one from school, besides me and Katsuki, came to his funeral. I thought at least some of the boys would come, but none of them showed up. It was then that I figured out why. I was also the reason for this, anyone who ever tried to help Izuku or be his friend was threatened by me. I isolated him from everyone that would ever show him kindness.

My parents changed a bit. My mother Inko put her hero work to the minimum and stayed home most of the time. For the first year she either cried or sat in silence most of her time. Once the second year came, she picked back up on her hero work, but was still very distant. My mother Toshina did the exact opposite and put most of her effort towards her hero work. When her time limit ran for the day she would stay at the police to help with investigations. She decided to postpone me obtaining the One for All until the entrance exams. Katsuki did not change much, she was still loud and obnoxious, if not more. The only difference is that we are no longer friends. Shoka started breaking mentally and eventually closed herself off to everyone. This was because the same weekend as Izukus funeral her older brother Touya went missing. She now was cold towards everyone and kept to herself most of the time. We never rekindled our friendship. I changed quite a lot. At first, I was a complete mess, but eventually I started changing for what I think is the better. Instead of bullying the boys I started protecting them. The other girl eventually stopped beating them all together because I would make sure they felt the pain that they were planning on inflicting themselves. The only girl who still bullied the boys was Katsuki which caused us to fight a lot. I tried befriending the boys. At first, they were completely terrified of me and probably thought I was just tricking them. They eventually stopped running from me and no longer shook when I spoke to me. Unfortunately, they remained cautious of me. I never was actually able to befriend them though I always felt that I was missing something or that I should have been doing something different. I was protecting them, but what else was I missing?

Anyways, I am currently standing at the entrance to UA to take the entrance exams. This is the start, my start. Earlier today I received the OFA from my mother. I am going to train and become the hero everyone depends on and I mean everyone. I just have to pass the entrance exam. To be honest, I am more worried about the written test. Up until two years ago I did really study much and had someone else do my work for me. I regret that a lot, my brother was so kind I'm sure if I originally asked for help with my schoolwork then he would have helped me. Anyways I studied like crazy, so I am hoping to get a decent grade. To get into the hero course, the written exam needs to be passed with at least a 70%. While I was thinking about the written exam, I wasn't watching where I was going and tripped. I closed my eyes and waited for impact, but nothing happened. Actually I felt weightless. I looked up and saw a chestnut haired girl.