Why We Follow Him

Special Chapter 10.5
Why We Follow Him.

[Jin Bubaigawara/Twice]
    I was alone....well not quite alone. There was me, me, me, myself, and I. Still though, with multiple versions of me, I always felt alone. The 'family' I was born into was never really there for me. I mean, they were there, but only to bring me down or hurt me or demand conflicting things of me.

Speak up
Shut it

Clean this up
Get out

Make dinner
Don't eat

Well? Answer me
Don't talk back, boy

    I cannot remember much about their appearance anymore. It's been over a decade since they left me. I believe I was seventeen when they gave birth to their daughter. I do however remember my 'mothers' faces when they looked at her. Full of joy and happiness, a look they never gave me. It did not take long, less than a month after she was born, for them to kick me out. Everything between then and when I met him is very hazy in my memory. Though I will alway remember when I met him.

    I had just barely escaped a hero after robbing a hotdog stand. A fucking hotdog stand. I could not help it though, I was hungry. As I sat in the back of a dark alley munching on buns and hotdogs. I honestly don't understand why, but I started crying. It had been awhile since I had cried, but I did. A thirty year old man crying in an alleyway.

    "Finally found you, scum." I look up to see the hero I ran away from.

    "Eww, your fucking crying. Well makes it easier to beat you to a bloody pulp before taking you in." She said coming towards me.

    I closed my eyes waiting for the inevitable beating. I kept my eyes closed and waited. Several moments by but nothing happened. Eventually I heard a snap and then something fell to the ground. Hesitantly, I open my eyes to see the hero on the ground with her neck twisted all the way around. Over the body was a boy with pitch black hair and piercing white eyes. I thought I was next until he gave a genial smile.

    "Hello, are you alright?" He asked kindly. To which I just nodded. He looked at me with a new look. A look I have never seen before. I think it is called concern. He put his Hand out.

    "Do you want to come with me? I can get you food, water, and a place to stay. I want to help you." He said. It was then in that alley that I made the best decision in my lifetime. I took his hand.

    "Ok, come on. The names Izuku by the way." He said with a smile.

    Since then my life has been amazing. I made friends, got a quirk, and can honestly say that all versions of me are happy. I owe it all to Izuku.

[Himiko Toga]

Freak

Monster

Animal

Villain

    These were words said to me containly since my quirk developed. It gave me the power to copy the appearance and clothing of any person that I drank blood from. It also gave me an animalistic craving for blood. Due to this I was constantly picked on at school. These words and taunts at school didn't affect me much. It was when they were said at home, by my single mother, that really tore through me.

Why did I give birth to such an animal?

Why couldn't you have a heroic or normal quirk?

Why do I have to be the mother of a villain?

Why didn't you just die in my womb?

    At first it started with words, but as she started to drink the more she physically hurt me. Once I entered middle school I already started hurting myself. Funny how a few cuts on the wrist and ease your entire world for just a few moments before it comes crashing back down on you.