Chapter 5 The Cat Returns (EDITED)

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

I thought that things were finally looking up. Hinata was true to his word and anytime the team members would make me feel uncomfortable he would swoop in and save me. At first, I was nervous since it seems he wanted a favor in return but he hasn't asked for anything yet. So far it looked like Hinata was the right person to trust.

"Y/n come downstairs" I heard Kiyoko yell from the kitchen

I left my room and walked into the kitchen where Kiyoko was getting dinner ready. Our mom worked the third shift so that left Kiyoko and me to do most of the housework. I wasn't good when it came to cooking so Kiyoko did all of that but I would help with basic tasks like washing the dishes.

"Take a seat y/n I want to talk to you," Kiyoko said as she left the food she was working on

I sat down at the kitchen table and nervously fidgeted with my hands under the table. After Kiyoko was done cooking she sat at the table with me. She smiled at me sweetly but that only made me nervous. 

"I just wanted to talk to you about the volleyball team," Kiyoko said

My body reacted negatively as she brought them up. I couldn't stop as my body went tense.

"Since tomorrow is the first day of the golden week training camp I wanted to make sure that you are comfortable around the team," Kiyoko said sounding slightly concern

"Of course I'm comfortable" I lied "Why would you think otherwise?"

"You always seem to be really nervous around them" she pointed out

"I'm just a nervous person after everything that happened with Dad" My insides cringe from talking about our father

Kiyoko reached over grabbing my hand. She gently gave it a slight squeeze.

"Do you want to talk about what happened with Dad?" Kiyoko asked

"No, I would just rather try to forget that man ever existed" I quickly replied

This is how I dealt with everything. I would rather just forget about it than face the problem. I was a coward. Kiyoko seemed to want to push the subject but stopped herself. She knew I wasn't as brave as her so I wasn't going to face my problem.

"How about we finish making dinner together so we can get to bed early since we need to be at training camp in the morning? " Kiyoko subjected

"Sure that sounds nice," I replied

All while making dinner I couldn't shake the feeling that I was a burden to Kiyoko. I couldn't help but imagine how easy her life would be if I wasn't her sister.

TIME SKIP

I watch Hinata run around the building it was kind of cute how amazed he was by everything. He was holding my hand dragging me along with him.