Chapter 18 Last Day

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

"I can't believe today is the last day of training camp it went by so fast" Yukie whined as we cooked breakfast

"We all have to have a sleepover or something when we go home," Eri said

All the girls cheerfully agreed except for myself who would be happy if I never went to another sleepover again. My job that morning was to make the miso soup. I was gently stirring it making sure not to burn it. I watched Yachi from peripheral vision as she made the rice for this meal.

Ever since Yachi had found out about Tsukishima and me. she hasn't really talked to me. If I try to talk to her she'll tell me about a task she forgot to do and quickly runoff. The fact that she was ignoring me was making me depressed.

I turn off the fire that was cooking the soup and covered it with a lid.

"The soup is done if there nothing else you need me to do I'm going to go set up the gym," I said

"Are you not going to eat with us?" Kiyoko asked

I could see the concern on my sister's face she always worried about my health.

"I stayed up late eating junk food so my stomach is upset but if I get hungry before lunch I have a protein bar," I said

This was just another lie the truth is since  Yachi stop talking to me my stomach has been too upset to keep anything down.

"Okay please make better food choices next time," Kiyoko said

I waved bye to my sister and new friends as I left. Instead, I going straight to the gym I decided to take a long way and walk to the lake the was next to the training camp.

I finally made my way to the lake and enjoyed the view of the dark blue water. I walked under the shade of the tree that was on the edge of the lake.

"You need to share" I heard a voice say

As my curiosity got the best of me I went towards the sound of the voice.

"You are being selfish"

I wonder who the voice was talking to as I walked past a bush I was surprised to see Asahi. What was even more surprised to see was that he was talking to a group of ducks. There Asahi stood with the ducks surrounding him as they begged for the duck feed he held in his hand.

"Asahi senpai" I said out loud

Asahi was shocked when he saw me and embarrassment washed over him. His face turn red and he dropped the feed he held in his hand. The ducks quickly attacked the feed pushing each other to get it.

"Y/n what are you doing out here," he asked

"I wanted to walk around the lake" I answered

We both kinds of awkwardly stood there until one of the ducks walked to me. The duck stared up at me I guess hoping I had food. Instead of giving him food I pat him on the head. I loved the way his silky feathers felt against my skin.