Chapter 2 A New Encounter (EDITED)

As I set in class I couldn't help but feel the two sets of eyes burning holes into me. Since I've met Kageyama and Hinata I've always caught them staring at me during class, at practice, or anywhere else I ran into them. Everywhere I would at the school I would run into one of the volleyball team members. If other students try to have a conversation a volleyball member always showed up to pull me away.

My class was boring and I always daze off during lessons. Sometimes I would be thinking about books I read or a show I had recently watched. These thoughts always drowned out the world around me.

"Hey y/n you awake" Hinata's face was inches away from mine as he pulled me out of my thoughts

"What are you doing" I accidentally shouted out a fright

Hinata was unbothered by my shouting as he grabbed my hand pulling me out of my seat "Let's go to lunch, Y/n"

Hinata, Kageyama, and I go to our usual spot outside to eat our lunch. Even though eating lunch with them was becoming more comfortable Kiyoko had me promise that I would try eat with other students. She was trying to get me out of my shell but I was still nervous about it.

"So I was thinking maybe tomorrow I would try and have lunch with some of our classmates," I told Hinata and Kageyama my idea

"Why would you do that" Kageyama's voice was so icy it made me shiver

"Do you not like us?" Hinata asked pouting at me

"N-no of course I like you-"

"Then why do you want to eat with someone else," Kageyama said interrupting me

I felt so uncomfortable but also felt like I was in the wrong. They made me feel like how my dad used to so I reverted to my people-pleaser personality.

"I'm sorry my sister just said I should make some more friends," I said trying to soothe the two agitated males

Hinata grabs my face holding it in his palms. I wanted to jerk away but my body wouldn't listen to me.

"We're your friends Y/n. You don't want to be around strangers who are just going to make you nervous. If your sister cares about your health she wouldn't push you to do stuff that makes you uncomfortable" Hinata's voice was sickly sweet

Hinata squeezed my face gently before letting me go. I try to smile but even I could tell it looked awkward on my face.

"Your right I'm sorry for making the suggestion to eat with others" I didn't argue further my stomach was twisted into knots making my food look enjoyable "Would you like the rest of my bento I'm not really hungry"

"Thanks" Hinata took my bento and scruff it down in a second

The awkwardness from lunch carried over into practice. Hinata and Kageyama seemed scared of me making other friends so they were acting clingy. During practice, they made me throw balls to Kageyama so he could set them for Hinata.

"Y/n can you come here" Kiyoko called from the sideline

"Yes," I noticed that Yamaguchi wasn't doing anything "Yamguichi do you mind taking my place and helping Kageyama and Hinata"

"Y-yeah I can help" Yamaguchi's face became bright red

"Thank you" It's like I got second-hand embarrassment from Yamaguchi as my face also became red.

I ran over to Kiyoko but I noticed that Kageyama and Hinata both looked mad. Even if they wanted me to continue to help them it was not like I was able to. Kiyoko was the head manager when she ask me to do something I had to do it.