Ending 2 Nekoma

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

I stood at the top of the stairs afraid to move. I contemplated going downstairs or just locking myself in my room. I decided to call out and if I got no reply then I would lock myself in my room until Kiyoko got home.

"Is anyone there?" I yelled from the top of the stairs

It was quiet and with each silent moment, my heartbeat quicken.

"Yes it just me sweetie" I hear yelled back at me from the bottom of the stairs

I knew that voice since it was the first one I heard when I was born it was my mother. I was surprised to hear it since usually she would be doing the night shift at the hospital at this time. I rushed down the steps almost tripping over my own feet.

Once I reached the bottom I saw my mother trying to clean up a broken vase. There was broken glass, flowers, and water spread across the floor. Even with the disgruntled look on her face, my mother was still a beauty. She looked a lot like Kiyoko with her black hair, gray eyes, and age-defying skin. No one believed that she was in her late 30s with two teenage daughters.

"What happened," I asked turning my attention to the broken glass

"I'm sorry sweetie I broke the flowers I got you," she said

A warm feeling took over me the kind you get from receiving a gift. It wasn't often that I received gifts from my mother so this was a special occasion.

"The flowers aren't broke just the thing they came in. Let me help you," I said

I helped my mother clean up the mess and put the flowers into a new vase. I put the vase on the kitchen table and noticed a box with my name on it.

"What's this," I asked pointing to the box

"Oh I picked up your new uniform when I went to Shiratorizawa" she explained

"You went to my school," I asked

I was confused since we had already done all the paperwork for the transfer.

"It was a surprise but I guess I just gave it away but your sister and I went there today to decorate your new dorm room." She said

That explained why Kiyoko didn't walk to school with me this morning I thought. My mother had always been bad at surprise she would always get too excited and tell me what it is. I didn't mind this since I have never liked to be surprised.

Kiyoko walked into the kitchen carrying a bag of Chinese takeout. She looked between mom and me. Her face looked a little annoyed.

"Did you tell her the surprise?" Kiyoko asked

My mom looks nervous because of Kiyoko's question.

"Oh wow, you already got the food that was quick let's eat," my mom said grabbing the bags of food and taking them to the dining room table.