Ferry

Jungkook loved his job. Ever since he was little he had dreamed of being a ferry boat captain, and three years ago, after a bunch of training, that dream finally came true. Working from 1:00 to 9:00pm almost every day never bored him for a second. For weeks at a time he'd live on the ferry, it being easier than going home, then he'd get a break for a week, only to walk right back on the ferry boat with a smile on his face.

The sun made the water below sparkle on day Jungkook saw him for the first time. With pretty blonde hair and a mint green outfit, he stood out on the upper deck, right in the perfect place that Jungkook could just look at him in awe.

The man intrigued him, he wanted to know more about him. Usually he's so focused on his job, of course he is, he loves it...but the boy in mint green stole his attention.

Obviously he has a job to do, he drove the ferry and kept people safe on their journey across. But...since there's two people driving, and because he's confident in his skills, he'd glance at him often during the 45 minute ride across the sound.

And he'd go to the same spot every single day. Despite it being cold, despite it being windy, for at least half of the trip he'd be on the upper deck, basking in the sun, and if not the suns then the clouds, which he stood out against. He'd typically get on the 5:15, so he'd be departing the boat by 6:00, but even as the sun started to set he'd be there.

And Jungkook wanted so badly to talk to him. At night he'd think up different scenarios, what he could say to him, how the boy would react. He had a crush on the guy he's never talked to, at least that fact was obvious to him.

So one day he finally said, "Dan I'm taking my break now, you can handle it for half an hour, right?"

"Of course," Dan laughs. "I've been doing this a lot longer than you, remember. My husband keeps telling me to find a new job so I can spend more time with him, but I'm so good at this job that me leaving would be a disservice to all ferry captains."

"As you've said," Jungkook chuckles. "Thank you so much."

"Of course, just be ready to come back by the time we depart on the other side."

"I will," And he walks out the door, leaving the cockipit to say hello to the pretty boy in mint.

His back is turned when Jungkook goes, "Hey I like your outfit."

The shorter turns around. "Oh, thank you. I like yours."

"Thank you, I drive the ferry," Jungkook smiled. "Part of the reason I wanted to become captain was because of the outfit."

"You're the captain?" He asks, a smile on his face as well. "Who's driving this thing?"

"My co-captain Dan, don't worry," Jungkook assures. "I just decided to take my break because I always see you out here, five days a week in the exact same outfit. I was a bit curious about you if I'm being honest. What do you do?"

"Oh, I work at an escape room," He tells him. "The theme is a 1950s ice cream parlor. I just thought the hat was cute, and the colors were beautiful. I work with a girl who wears a bubblegum pink dress. We're actors of sorts. The story is the players have an hour to escape before the burglar that's there kills us and steals everything, so we have to act panicked and stuff. It's a really weird concept, I know."

"I think that's really fun," Jungkook's smile brightened. "I'm so glad that I asked."

"I'm glad you did too," He admits. "Usually I just get stares. And they're not mean stares, just curious. It's not that crazy of a story, but I bet they dream up fun things in their head."