Heart

"Jungkook I'm scared."

"I know Sweetheart," Jungkook kissed the head of the one in the hospital bed. "We all are. But this is your chance to live Jiminie! We finally found an opening!"

"Yeah, but...I could die," Jimin looked up at him. "Heart surgery is risky."

"But it's worth the risk, because you'll get through this and live a happy life," His husband promised.

"Park Jimin?" The doctor came in. "It's time to take you to the operating room."

Jimin took a deep breath. "Alright...I'm ready to get a new heart."

*

Jimin awoke to the sound of a heart monitor. His heart, his healthy heart was the reason it was beating so normally. He looked around slowly, groggily, but the only one there was a nurse checking his vitals.

"Hey, excuse me?" His voice was thick, due to him just waking up. "Where's my husband, Jungkook?"

"Well who do you think gave you the heart?"

"What!?"

"Sweetheart, why are you crying?" The nurse exclaimed with a thick southern accent, stopping for a second to look at his face.

"Jungkook's dead," He broke into a sob.

"What? No, that's not what I meant," She shook her head. "Hospitals don't kill one person to save another. Even if someone volunteers, we can't and don't. Think of all the legal stuff a hospital would have to go though. What I meant is he's meeting the family of the donor. That guy's poor parents. He died in a terrible car crash I heard. Your husband wanted to thank them, which I think is sweet, maybe it'll lessen the pain a little for them."

"Oh thank God he's okay," The tears keep coming because Jimin's overwhelmed, which is also heard through the speeding up beeps of the monitor. "Why would you word it like that?"

"Double shifts has my words jumbled, and there's only so much coffee can do," That worried Jimin slightly. "But of course he's okay," She smiled. "Would you like me to go find him?"

"Yes please."

It took about five minutes before Jungkook came running in. "Oh Baby you're okay! You're finally perfectly healthy!"

"Well not yet," Jimin gave a small chuckle. "I still have to recover, but after that, yes. I'll finally be healthy. You know the nurse made me think you had died."

"What?" Jungkook laughed, sitting on Jimin's bedside and softly running his fingers through his hair. "How?"

"I asked where you were and she said 'well who do you think gave you the heart?'" Jimin explained. "Like how do you think that sounds to a sleepy, still slightly drugged patient with an absent husband?"

"Oh, you thought I gave you my heart?" Jungkook clarified. "Well I mean, I did, but not physically. Even though if it came down to it I would."

"I know, I know you, that's why it scared me," Jimin stared up at him with tired eyes. "But you were really just talking to the donor's parents."

"Oh, yes! I was," Jungkook nods. "And that reminds me. Once you're discharged and recovered they'd like to have lunch with us, to meet you. I said they could now, but it's understandable that hospitals aren't one of their favorite places right now, and that they wanted to leave as soon as possible."

"I'd love to," Jimin nodded. "Their choice to let their son go saved my life, and I'll forever be grateful for their sacrifice."

"Me too," Jungkook leaned down, kissing his lovers softly. "Because now you can live a full life. Now we can spend decades more together, and forever after that."