Special Chapter: Viria

I actually didn't want to share this story because this is very personal to me. But then they started showing up in MC and A&D. I guess that solidified their existence for me. Their story, their characters, Erik... They are sooo special to me I can't even. This... I guess in a way, this is a piece of my soul. And I decided to share it with you. So please, handle it with care. :)

This is dedicated to all the fangirls out there. ;) x

_____________

Viria:

May 2011 (Sweden)

My gosh, I was hearing that song again as I entered my cousin's bedroom - which was also my bedroom for the summer.

"Whose version of I Love Rock N' Roll do you keep on playing?" I asked Diane.

She had her back turned to me. Her dark curly hair was up in a pony tail, and she was in her pajamas. She was in front of her desktop, typing away.

I didn't mention the fact that this version of I Love Rock N' Roll was all I had been hearing ever since I got here in Sweden. In fact, I think I've memorized the lyrics already.

Don't get me wrong, it was actually quite good. I absolutely loved Joan Jett's version of it. But when you keep hearing a song over and over again, you would lose interest and grow tired of it - which was what I was beginning to feel.

Shame, I used to love the song.

"High Jinks," she answered me, without leaving her eyes from her monitor.

I slightly frowned, thinking if the name was familiar. Then . . .

"Nope," I said, shaking my head. "Never heard of it. Is it a new rock band?"

"They're the new boy band," she corrected me. "Probably the hottest boy band in Europe as of today."

I was slightly disappointed. Yes, you could pretty much guess that I wasn't very fond of boy bands. Well, other than The Beatles. And Westlife. And Take That. You got the drift.

"They're amazing, aren't they?" Diane breathed out thoughtfully, swinging her chair so she could face me. "They're planning to release an album later this year! Isn't that exciting?"

I slightly winced.

She looked like a total fangirl with her big brown eyes twinkling in delight. To think, we were about the same age. I was just two months older than her. Plus, she was a bit boyish like me. So for her to fangirl like this was a little bizarre. I've only seen her this way when she was talking about the Jonas Brothers.

"Not really."

Ugh. The music industry made another pretty boy group. I could already imagine the kinds of songs they were going to have - the Justin Bieber kind, probably.

I shuddered at the thought of the upcoming roar of nonsense when this Jinky thing released their album.

Oh, the horror! They made another kind of music sensation where twelve-year-old girls would be screaming at the top of their lungs, and trending topics on Twitter that was all about petty things that their idols did. Worse of all, childish death threats just because they were jealous. I've seen it happen. It wasn't nice.

Maybe I'm only biased because I like rock music. But then again, I like tons of music genres. Who knows? Maybe I'll have a change of heart in the future.

"We'll see," Diane told me confidently. "I bet you'll be eating your words when you actually hear them sing." Her eyes suddenly widened in excitement. "Hey, do you wanna watch some of their videos when they were still at The Best Of Europe?"