Two

It didn't take long for both of them to become comfortable with each other. They sat on the rock and talked about why they were here. Why they had to run away and come to this peaceful place.

They felt bad for each other.

When it got really late, they decided to go back home. Jeno laid in bed that night staring up at the ceiling. He was glad to have made a new friend that knew what he was going through.

"Go to sleep," Soobin groaned, making Jeno look over at him. "Your sighs of happiness are disgusting."

"Oh shut up," Jeno smiled, remembering how pretty Jaemin's face was. How the boy wiped Jeno's tears with his soft thumbs when he started crying while they were talking.

Jaemin was so sweet. And Jeno wasn't an idiot. He knew boys could like boys and girls could like girls. But he never thought he would like a boy.

How come he already had a crush at eleven years old? He wasn't allowed to date until he was sixteen. To him, this was a sucky situation. Jaemin was cute, and oh so pretty.

While Jeno was having an existential crisis, Jaemin was sitting up in bed chugging a glass of water. He did not have a crush on Jeno. His dad told him he would get his ass beat if he dated a boy.

It was wrong. He couldn't date Jeno.

He couldn't.

His parents said he had to have a wife and children.

But why does he think Jeno is adorable? Why did be love the boy's beautiful eye smile? Why was he smitten with Jeno?

And how come he never felt that way about a girl before?

Jaemin was just really confused about everything.

*The next morning*

"Hey mom, is it okay if I go over to my friend's house?" Jaemin asked his mom who was reading a book on the couch.

"Name? Age? Profession of parents?"

"Lee Jeno. Eleven. A surgeon and a college professor. He also has a sister who's a little bit older than me."

Her eyes lit up and she walked over to him to fix his hair.

"A girl who's the daughter of a surgeon? Okay, good enough. Make a good impression and become her friend for later on, okay?"

He nodded and walked out the front door. The only reason he told her about Lia was so that way she would let him go to make friends with her. Jeno had told him Lia was an introvert who liked staying in her room though, so Jaemin doubted that he would even see her.

He got on his bike and started heading to the street Jeno lived on.

***

"Clean this room up please," Jeno told the eight younger kids that lived in the middle room upstairs. When you first got up the stairs, you would walk through this room to get to the older kids' bedrooms. There were four girls and four boys who lived in this room, and then Jeno and Soobin shared a room and Lia got her own room since she was a girl and needed her privacy.

None of these eight kids were over the age of nine.

"You're not the boss of us," one of them said, sticking his tongue out at Jeno.

"I'm having a friend over and it would be nice if for once, you guys wouldn't be slobs. I kind of have a little crush on this person," he blushed and they all started either screaming or gagging.