Three

*Three years later*

For their three year anniversary of being friends, Jeno and Jaemin went to the river where they first met. It was surprisingly warm for a November day and Jeno brought them snacks and juice boxes.

"To being each other's ride or die for this long," Jaemin said, holding up his juice box. Jeno made his huge eye smile and said the same thing before taking a sip of it.

"I can't believe it's already been three years," Jeno shook his head, picking up a rock and skipping it across the water. "I mean I know I was unhappy with the way my life was going, but I thought I was overreacting. Then I met you and found out how bad your life was and I knew for sure I was overreacting."

Jaemin nodded and gave a small smile. He really cared about this boy. It was just as friends, but he truly loved him. He was an adorable dork who had the prettiest smile Jaemin had ever seen.

He got so lost in looking in Jeno's eyes that he didn't hear the boy talking to him.

"Jaemin."

"Hmm?"

"Your parents are coming over to my house later today right?"

"Uh... yeah."

Jaemin's parents wanted to meet Jeno's parents and Lia. His family had already decided to go along with it after he and Jaemin told them why they were acting like he was coming over to get close to Lia. Jeno's parents didn't like it, but Jaemin was Jeno's first friend and they didn't want to ruin it. And they loved Jaemin enough to want him to be happy and come over to their house.

***

"You act like you're going on a date," Soobin said from his bed as Jeno fixed his tie. "Who are you trying to impress? You're just his friend. Lia's the one who's going to be marrying him."

"My dear roommate, Lia isn't going to be marrying any man. For one, she's very obviously only attracted to girls, and for two, she won't even be able to date anyone because I'll beat their ass the moment she comes home crying."

"Even if it's a girl?"

"Even if it's a girl. I learned personally that they're not weak like men make them out to be."

The doorbell rung and his heart started racing. He opened his bedroom door and saw Lia coming outside of her room across the hall. She was wearing a red dress and looked extremely pretty.

"Thank you sis."

"I'm not doing this for you. I'm only doing this for your allowance money," she said, punching his arm before linking it with hers.

He chuckled and they walked downstairs where they saw Jaemin and his parents talking to Jeno's parents. Jeno's eyes sparkled as he looked at Jaemin who was wearing a very expensive tux.

Jeno shook his head to make sure the only thing at the front of his mind was this going well.

"All of the kids are asleep so there shouldn't be any interruptions. I hope it's not too messy for classy people such as yourselves," Jeno's mom said.

"It's fine..." Jaemin's mom looked obviously uncomfortable in the more middle-class home and Jeno couldn't help but have to hold in a giggle, earning another punch from Lia. "All of the kids? How many do you have besides these two?"

"Nine. I'm sure Jaemin has told you about them. They always cause a ruckus, but we love them."

Now it was Jaemin's turn to almost giggle at his parents' shocked expressions at the amount of kids in the house.

"I made the food before you guys got here, so let's eat!"

They all sat around the table and it was quiet, almost awkward to say the least. Lia sat in between Jaemin and Jeno who kept giggling for God knows what while the adults were all talking.

"Oh your drinks are empty. Lia, would you mind refilling Jaemin's parents' drinks?" Her mom asked.

"Sure," she smiled, grabbing their glasses and walking to the kitchen.

"Jaemin, help her," his father said.

He nodded and stood up, running to the kitchen to act like he was helping her. All he could do was repeatedly glance through the doorway at Jeno who was laughing with the adults. He didn't know what it was about, but Jeno's smile as he laughed was just beautiful.

"You're gay," Lia snorted as she poured the alcohol into the glasses.

"Excuse me?"

"Oh don't even try to deny it. You're basically eye fucking him."

Jaemin fake gagged and Lia started laughing. "That's gross. We are children. Where do you even learn these things?"

"Supernatural fanfiction," she giggled, making him gag again.

"You are absolutely disgusting."

"Okay hear me out. You guys are both adults, Jeno is free, and gay marriage is finally legal. What would you do?"

"I wouldn't do anythi-"

His eyes widened when Lia grabbed his suit jacket and pulled him in to kiss her.

"What did you feel?" She asked.

"I felt a lot of hate and aggressiveness."

"Would you kiss a girl again?"

"I can't believe my first kiss was with Jeno's aggressive younger sister."

"Jaemin!"

"No, I..." Jaemin stuttered. "I... I don't know."

She sighed and shook her head. "Oh dear. You are very confused kid." She grabbed the glasses and walked back out to the dining room. Jaemin watched her with eyes that could only be described as horrified.

Why didn't he want to kiss a girl again?

Why did he think Jeno was prettier than any girl he had ever seen?

Why did he want to kiss Jeno?

He shivered at these thoughts and walked back into the dining room, keeping his head low so they wouldn't notice his internal conflict.

"You think it's okay to force your child to get married to someone?" Jeno's dad asked, making Jaemin look up at him.

"Well I thought that was the reason we're here today. The reason we've even been allowing Jaemin over here is so he could get closer to Lia and marry her in the future."

Something Jeno's parents didn't believe in was forcing children to do things against their will once they were older.

Hearing it out loud from Jaemin's parents must have been enough to set them off.

"Your son plays hockey whenever he comes over here. He's only ever said like ten words to Lia and I can assure you they've never actually hung out."

Jeno's mom's words seemed to have made Jaemin's parents even more angry.

"You little bitch!" His father yelled, standing up from his chair and walking over to Lia.

"I would back up if I were you," Jeno said, standing up and putting himself in between them.

Jaemin's father glared at him and they all watched in fear that he was about to punch Jeno.

But it seemed like the boy was intimidating to everyone's parents because the man backed down.

"Jaemin. Come on. We're leaving."

Jeno sighed as Jaemin quietly grabbed his things. The boy gave Jeno one last smile before he was practically dragged out and Jeno felt tears in his eyes.

"You're gay too," Lia said before going upstairs to her room.