Eleven

A/N: Sorry for the short and slow update 🙏. Also this story is meant to be short, so it might honestly be done in a few chapters. Please don't hate me, but I kind of want it to be like this. If you do want a longer Nomin story though, I do have one called 'Number Neighbor' and it would be cute if you guys could check it out. But I'm pretty sure most of the people reading this came from Number Neighbor dlnfdnnd.

*Two weeks later*

Date: September 26, 2021

For the next two weeks, they basically continued doing exactly what they did the first day.

They would just hang out in the apartment, eat a lot of food, go out places, and annoy each other in the best ways possible. Jeno got to meet Karina's cousin, Felix, who he thought was a pretty funny guy, and today, they got to meet Soobin and Lia.

"Hm..." Lia said, looking Karina up and down. "You don't seem that bad. Do you have a Maid of Honor yet?"

Karina's eyes widened and she looked at Jaemin who shrugged.

"Um... n-no. Do you want to-"

"Yes, I do. I don't know, I've just never been part of a wedding before. Also sorry Jaemin. But Jeno told me your guy's plan and I think Soobin and I can help, right?" She asked, looking at Soobin who was on his phone. She groaned and they all couldn't help but laugh. "Jaemin, Karina, and Felix, do any of you have parents that don't suck?"

"I do," Felix smiled, glad that he was lucky to have rich parents who didn't actually suck.

They continued talking in Jaemin's apartment until there was a knock at the door.

"I-I don't think it's my parents. They always text me when they're on their way," he said, walking over to the front door, only to be met with none other than his parents.

"We came to talk to Karina about her dr- what are you people doing here?" His dad asked, looking at Jeno, Soobin, and Lia. Realizing who they were, he scoffed and shook his head. "You are all poor imbeci-"

"I'm Karina's Maid of Honor," Lia said, standing up and walking over to them. "And we heard about her father's recent passing, so Jeno is going to walk her down the isle. And Soobin, he's um..." he was still on his phone not paying attention. "He's one of the groomsmen. Now since I'm the Maid of Honor, I'll do all the work so you don't have to. You guys can leave."

"Wait, but-"

She pushed them out and locked the door while taking a deep breath.

"Way to use their friend's passing as a way to throw them off," Karina chuckled. She wasn't even upset about her father passing away. Honestly, she was happy that it was one last parent to constantly bug her.

But her mom still wanted money from Jaemin's family, so she was still going through with this unfortunately.

"Good lying," Jaemin said, doing a handshake with Lia that they learned years ago. "But honestly, Jeno and Soobin, if you guys want those positions, you can have them." Jeno nodded but Soobin didn't pay attention until a pillow was thrown at him.

"Ow! What?"

"Do you wanna be a groomsman?" Soobin rolled his eyes and nodded, making them all giggle at his introvertedness.

For a few hours, they were planning everything. There was already a binder filled with most of the details, excluding a few things that still had to be done. A few of them went online to find venues and other things while Jaemin and Jeno went to the kitchen to make food.

"You know, I... I didn't want to say this, but I kind of had a crush on you too back then," Jeno chuckled as Jaemin looked at him with a bright smile.

"Back then? Am I not appealing now?"

"No, it's not that you're not appealing. It's that you're taken."

Jaemin's heart started racing and red coloration rushed to his cheeks as Jeno went to the cabinet to look for breadcrumbs.

Would Jeno still like him if he wasn't taken?

A/N: A trigger warning for this italicized part so you can skip to the regular text if you need. Tw//: Knife and blood.

He was so distracted by thinking about that that he wasn't focused on the chicken that he was cutting.

"Ow!" He cried in pain when the knife sliced his finger.

"Jaemin!" Jeno gasped, running over and wincing when he saw the blood. "Hold on. I'll go get the first aid kit." He ran to the bathroom and came back with the kit, immediately starting to clean the wound.

"It hurts."

"I know," Jeno whispered, pulling Jaemin's finger up to his mouth to gently kiss it before putting the bandage on. "It'll be okay. Do you want me to finish making the food?"

Jaemin quickly shook his head, making Jeno laugh.

He just didn't want the entire apartment building to burn down.

"I'll order pizza for everybody," Jaemin giggled, standing up and grabbing his phone as Jeno cleaned everything up.

They all sat in the living room and took a break from doing everything while eating the pizza.

Soobin and Lia had to leave the next morning to go back to Busan, and they were all upset about it, but the two of them would be back in a couple weeks.

It seemed like everything was going well. They were tricking the parents pretty easily, but it seemed like something about Jaemin's dad was off.

He seemed too okay with Jeno's presence.

A/N: Aha cliffhanger. Jk another chapter will be published soon. GUESS WHO'S SIGNED BAEKHYUN POSTER FINALLY SHIPPED? XJFNDNFNDN.