Seven

A/N: Yes Jaemin's fiance in this is an idol (Karina from aespa). In no way am I shipping these two, and don't worry, she is not necessarily an antagonist in this. She is being forced into the same situation as Jaemin and I can assure you she'll be a well liked character lol. I just needed a female idol who is around the same age as him fhrjdnd. I added her to the cast.

*Same day*

"Yah, Jaemin-ah!" Karina yelled, throwing a pillow at him. "Wake up."

"How did you get into my room?"

"The warden gave me the key."

"You mean my mother?"

Karina started laughing and nodded.

Now because of their current situation, you would think Jaemin would dislike her. He didn't want to marry a girl, let alone it being against his will. But she was going through the exact same thing. Her parents were forcing her to do this.

Since they both felt bad for each other, they decided to make the best out of this. They had very similar personalities and got along well, so it was easy for them to act like they were actually in love. They had fun and were almost delinquents together.

You could tell they just liked being friends.

They had a plan though. They can't dictate each other's lives and after a few years, they were getting divorced and would move far away from their families.

It had been about two years since they met, and Jaemin was kind of glad that they did. Why? Because he actually made two new friends.

Karina's cousin, Felix, was just a month younger than Jaemin, and they both immediately became best friends.

These three were like the holy trinity, except two of them were getting married in December.

They really didn't want to, but they just had to go through with it for two more years. Then they could act like they were sick of each other and get a divorce. It really didn't seem too hard. They just couldn't date anyone for the next two years.

Easy.

"You took a two hour long nap and it's time to wake up. Felix is on his way with his parents and they're gonna drive us to the place."

Jaemin groaned and stood up, gesturing for her to leave so he could get ready for the day. He didn't want to go to this party. He didn't want to at all. But he was being forced to of course. And it was kind of funny to see everyone asking them if they were planning on having kids when the only thing he and Karina do in bed is have pillow fights and slap box with each other.

Jaemin didn't let her win.

She genuinely just beat his ass everytime.

Once Jaemin was done taking a shower and blow drying his hair, he put his suit on. (A/N: Picture at top). He then styled his pink hair and smiled at himself in the mirror.

He dyed his hair pink when he was seventeen to rebel, but everyone ended up liking it, including himself. So he kept the color.

It was pretty.

Once he was done with everything, he went downstairs and they all got into Felix's parents' car.

"Felix, how would you feel about moving somewhere else?" His mom asked and Felix shrugged. "I wanna try something different. Maybe back to Australia? Or... America? Even to just a different city in South Korea, like Busan."

Jaemin's breath hitched and he dug his nails into his palms.

He missed him... so much.

He told Karina and Felix about Jeno just enough so they could understand how much it hurt him, but he didn't tell them about the letters. He didn't tell them that he was always the first one to grab the mail so he could check to see if Jeno sent him a letter. When he saw the cute little envelope with a My Little Pony sticker on it, he would hide it in his hoodie and run upstairs with it.

He would read them and then hide them in his closet, opening them up again every once in a while to remind himself of Jeno's quirky personality.

It broke his heart when the realization hit that Jeno wasn't sending them anymore, and he assumed it was probably because he wasn't sending letters back. But he couldn't. He wasn't allowed to.

Everyday, he wanted to go back to Busan to see him, but he was trapped here. He was suffering in this prison run by two people who just used him as their puppet.

They wanted him to be perfect. They wanted him to marry a pretty rich girl and have perfect children. They wanted him to have the perfect life so they themselves could look even more perfect.

But his mom's eyes weren't bloodshot for no reason. His dad didn't leave all the time to go to meetings. She drunk to make herself happy while her husband went out to sleep with other women.

Like Melanie Martinez would say, she pulls out her flask to forget his infidelity.

And Jaemin was just a puppet while his parents made him do whatever they wanted him to.

He was in a dollhouse.