Twelve

A/N: The writing in this chapter is kind of cringy and kind of sucks fjfjjjdd. But it'll get better in the next chapters.

Date: November 16, 2021

Today was Jeno and Jaemin's tenth year anniversary of when they first met. It was usually really exciting to Jaemin, even if Jeno was never there with him, but it was wrong today.

It's not that he didn't want to celebrate or have fun with Jeno, but he was in a bad mood for one specific reason.

On November 16th of every year, he would read the notes Jeno wrote him over again, but he was disappointed to see that they weren't in his closet. So now he was in a bad mood.

Jeno, Karina, and Felix had gone out to do stuff and he went to his room to get the box filled with old letters, but they weren't there. He was also planning on telling Jeno that he had kept them this entire time. He wanted to show him them, but now he couldn't.

"Are you looking for those little envelopes?" His dad asked from his bedroom door. He looked up and groaned, realizing he never told his dad about them.

"What did you do with them?"

"I read them and threw them out. That boy is ruining your privacy. He needs to go back to where he came from."

Jaemin started crying, acting like those words hurt him, but when his dad left, he smiled and stood from his bed.

"Jokes on you," he giggled, kneeling down on the ground and pulling up one of the floorboards to reveal a black and blue floral print shoe box.

He never took the original copies out of their safe place in order to keep them in tact. He would read those other copies that he had in his closet in case his father was to ever find them.

So he would destroy those ones instead of the originals.

Opening the box, Jaemin brushed his fingers over the faded sticker holding the top envelope closed before closing the box and putting it back.

He would show Jeno them later, but he didn't want his dad seeing them.

While he was thinking about what they could do that would be fun today, he completely forgot he was getting married for a moment, until he looked at the ring on his finger.

Maybe he could leave and sell this huge diamond to get enough money to live off of for a while.

He sighed and ran his hands through his hair.

Oh how he did not wanna go through with this.

The three of them came back a little while later and Felix told Jaemin to dress up in nice clothes, making him confused.

"Come on. Just do it."

Jaemin groaned and reluctantly did it, feeling like he was being tricked into some sort of wedding rehearsal type shit or something.

***

"Where are we going?" Jaemin whined as he was dragged out of the car with a blindfold on.

"Don't be a whiny chile," Karina said, pulling off his blindfold.

"Don't be a whiny what-" he gasped when he saw Jeno standing in front of him. "What's going on?"

"You and I are going on a friendly date for out ten year anniversary of being friends," Jeno smiled, linking arms with a confused Jaemin.

They ended up eating at a nice restaurant and then took a cab back home since Karina was probably asleep. The dinner was a surprise, and Jaemin was nervous, but he wanted to show Jeno his surprise.

He could've... if he remembered to get the notes from his room.

But he and Jeno were sitting in the living room, laughing and having a good time, and he forgot to go get them.

"Why did you ask me if I lost my V-card?"

Jeno spit out his drink and continued laughing. "What do you mean? I never asked you that."

Jaemin giggled and stood up to run to his room and get the box.

"Yes you did," he said, setting it down and opening it.

Jeno's eyes widened as he looked at the envelopes inside. "Are these-"

"Yes, they are. I forgot to show you them. I realized that I can't get mad at you for not coming to visit me because I never wrote letters back to you. But I wasn't allowed."

Jaemin was getting them. He was actually getting them.

Jeno's eyes sparkled and he smiled before looking through them.

"I kind of lost hope that you were getting them. That's why I stopped writing them." He had a pretty smile on his face while he was looking through them and Jaemin couldn't help but feel so comfortable with Jeno.

What was this feeling? It felt different than a crush, so maybe it wasn't that.

He was just so confused.

A/N: I know the chapters seem kind of short and rushed. I apologize 😭.