Eight

*The same day*

Jeno's hands were shaking as he tied the tie around his neck. He was so nervous and excited at the same time. Somehow the nervousness was overpowering though.

The same questions kept running through his mind.

What would Jaemin think of him?

Would he even want to see him?

Jeno was extremely insecure and this whole situation just made him question everything.

"I thought you only wear your glasses in front of people who know you wear glasses," Lia said. "I've never seen you wear them in front of Jaemin."

"Jaemin knows I wear them," he sighed, saying the boy's name making him more terrified. But yes, he has needed glasses his whole life. He just wears contacts more.

But he somehow lost his contacts on the way here?

"Soobin, are you almost done?!" Lia yelled through the bathroom door. A few moments later, Soobin came out, wearing a suit that perfectly fit his handsome face and tall stature. "Even I dont take that long in the bathroom."

Jeno was also wearing a suit and Lia was wearing a short white dress that only had one sleeve.

The only way they would be allowed into this thing was by acting rich. And in order to do that, they first needed to look elegant and arrogant.

They called an uber and walked out of their motel room and to the lobby where it was waiting for them.

After a long ride, Lia paid the driver and they got out, looking up at the huge fancy building that had people walking inside of it.

"Are you ready?" Lia asked, standing in front of Jeno who looked frozen in fear. "It'll be fine. You guys ended off on a wonderful note. I would be surprised if he didn't miss you. Now, Soobin, you're really tall so you can probably see over everyone. You remember what Jaemin looks like?"

Soobin rolled his eyes and nodded. "I'm not that tall. And yes, I know we're just looking for the older version of Jaemin."

They all walked inside through the crowd of people. It was strange that they were letting just anyone who looked rich in here, but they were just glad it was so easy to get through the doors.

There was probably around 200 people in here and Jeno frowned. How were they going to find Jaemin in this large crowd?

"Let's split up," Lia said, walking away. Soobin did the same thing and Jeno sighed.

Music was playing and people were either dancing or sitting at tables drinking wine. It was like organized chaos and Jeno felt himself starting to panic. He saw a sign that said bathroom and started walking through all the people to try to get there instead of being in this crowd.

He was a shy, antisocial person, which is why he jumped when someone grabbed his arm.

"Hey, are you alright?" The girl asked. She had long black hair and almost doll-like features, and Jeno started stuttering over his words.

"Um... y-yeah, I'm fine. I'm just not used to big crowds."

She looked over his face for a moment and then shook her head while smiling.

"I can tell you're not rich." She held her hand out and he hesitantly shook it. "My name is Yoo Jimin, but I like being called Karina."

"Jeno. Lee Jeno. Nice to meet you." Karina's eyes widened at his name and he noticed the ring on her finger. "A-are you engaged? I'm sorry. I shouldn't be talking to you then."