On our Own

Army POV:

I'm not gonna lie, last night was tough. Aloha getting hurt...I just can't take it any longer...
I make breakfast for us as he waits in the living room, watching tv. I finish and bring our meals to where he sits and place his down on the coffee table.
"Thank you." His voice spoken so soft, it was barely audible for me to hear.

The moment is silent and all we do is wait. I'm not sure what he's waiting for but...in my tension,
I do know what I'm waiting for. This information can change his life. It's the news he has always wanted to hear. It's just. I'm being to attached. I don't want to tell him because he will actually leave. I'm being selfish....but telling him this is the best way.

"Aloh-" I stop and stare directly into his- apparently, I have been focusing a lot on my thoughts. He's starring at... "what is it?" I tremble and look away before I fall back on the confession. He continues to question my action, so I stand and abruptly walk to my room so I can gather a little more time.

"Army?"

You have to tell him. Tell him. Tell Him, Tell Him, Tell Him. Why aren't you doing this? This is what he wants! This is what you have been protecting him for. It's for him. It's for him. It's for him. Go out there and tell him. You can't keep holding onto him!
You don't even know what you are with him!!

I shake and fall into a panic. Back against my bed I rest my hand upon my chest and breathe in as calming as possible. "I can't! I can't let him go!"
Voice shaking and heart racing, I stay on the ground and curl to a ball, blocking out my insecure thoughts.
"Army..?" Go away! Not now, please Aloha.

I hear his cautious footsteps approaching until they halt in front of my legs. He gives one gentle kick and sits down beside me. "You mind telling me what's wrong?" I found a way. "...Nothing. I want you to run away..." I could have worded my sentence better but I'm filled with grief that I somehow couldn't manage. "You- You want me to- to what!?"

I stand; walking over to my dresser and pull out an envelope; handing it to him so he could look. He takes and sees the money I have for him to take.
"...You want me to leave?" He cracks his voice nearly sounding heart broken. "You'll be old enough to live on your own in a few more months. Just please, take the opportunity to leave now." I walk away but he grips my wrist in a rather violent manner.

"No. Army...There is another way I'm sure!"

"No there isn't. You won't go to police. You're scared that they'll win. It's an adults word against a..."
I can't say it... "drugged up teenager who sucks off any boy who has what I want." He slams the envelope down on to the ground and storms out of the room. "They'll call me Crazy! Make up a lie just like my grandfather did! Take me home and leave me there forever! Adults won't care because I'm nearly an adult...so you want me to just leave and get as far away as possible, Is That What You Want!!? For me to leave!? Leave you behind..?" He cry's with tears dripping down his face once he entered back into the living room.

"NO! In Fact I Want The Opposite!! I Want You To Stay Here With Me!! But that's not going to be possible. They'll continue hunting you...they'll do anything to hurt you....I can't Have That Happen!!"
I burst down and walk over so I can hug him and rest my face on his shoulder.

"...there are people here...who will..drag you down...
Because of your past..." Aloha nods and hushes me.
"I'm not leaving. That's out of the question." I sob once again and tighten my grip around him.
"...please. Diver, your grandparents, and anyone else will just haunt you if you end up staying..."

"I'm willing to le-" I push him away with him ending up on the couch. I climb on top and pin him;
leaning down to his ear, so he can actually listen.
"I'm not. I want you free from this town. I will drag you to that Damn Train station and see you off! I won't take This Anymore!! Aloha!! I Love You Too Much To Let Anything More Happen To You!!!"