Ready For the Worst

ARMY POV_

This is real pleasant. Honestly, whatever I do Forge always seems to know. She is a childhood friend after all, so I suppose it's natural for her to have an amazing radar about me. Even so, bringing her into my theory is still something I'm not siding on.

"Army, why have you been acting strange." Her cool collected tone can make any guy alive fall to their knees and spill waterfalls of honesty. I've known her a great amount of time so it doesn't affect me....as much....I play off her attitude with the same tone and decide I should lie. Even if I hate it.

"I'm not. Your intuition is spot on, but in reality there is nothing to ponder about, Forge." I speak
In the most calming statement that tops even hers, and walk down the steps that lead to the first floor.

With each step I took I can feel her intense eyes upon me. She truly scares me time to time by
how extreme she is when she's playing detective. However, I made the mistake by turning my
back on her-

Before I can reach the door to open it; a heavy text book come hurdling beside my head, slamming again the metal door, causing a loud roar through the stairway. "GEEZ!! You Trying To Kill Me!?!" I fear for my life right about now as I face to see her arm still extended from throwing the textbook. She huffs, finally calming down after her little outburst...

"Just needed you to stop..DON'T DOUBT MY INTUITION, ARMY!!" She shouts loud and clear, making me fear that she may attract by standers.
So I rush back up the stairs, standing beside her; calming her down.

I don't know if I should say anything. Bringing her into this can be a good thing but also a bad one, cause' I still don't have enough information to back me up with Aloha's situation..so, in the end I'm convincing her that it's only a misunderstanding.

"I'm fine Forge. Honestly, I'm only on edge about the semester test..." knowing her, I can tell she doesn't believe me but since our next class is about to begin she lets the issue at hand go. "..I know something is up. But if you believe not telling me is the right option then you must have a good reason."

She passes me and exit the stairwell, letting a click indicate that she has left. I stand alone with anxiety coursing through my body. I fall to the ground and tremble, regretting what I have done, but this is for the best....Aloha....I should have done something when I saw him go into that bathroom; I should have pressed on about those markings...only, I didn't...

I stand and release and slowly shaken up sigh, exiting the stairwell once the bell rang for the next class that is beginning. I lack the effort to run to my next class but eventually arrive and get scolded for being tardy. When I make way to my desk I notice and finally remember that Aloha and I share this class. That's a relief...I don't have to wonder and worry....He's. Not. Your. Problem.

I'm aware he isn't. But that doesn't mean I don't care about him. I'm going to be really honest. I have had a crush on Aloha since we begun high school and I guess this is the reason why I don't want to ignore him. Only thing that bothers me are his friends.

Do they not know about his situation....can they not see what he's going through. I settle in my seat and listen to the teacher ramble on about our test and units we must review. In the moment I get the urge to take a glance where Aloha sits and see that he's ducking face down into his desk.

Something is wrong. I hear him begin to moan with agony while he now starts to bang his head down onto his desk, letting others take their direction to him. Some have the face of fear or concern on what he's doing to himself. I'm like the rest..I don't do anything, all I can do is observe from my seat and watch him harm himself.

Finally after the bangs got louder the teacher hears and rushes to Alohas side where he repeatedly asks
if the pink squid is all right. Only thing Aloha said next was "Give Me My Bag!!!!" I saw tears stream down his face. He must be experiencing extreme discomfort for him to break down and cry in class.

The teacher obeyed and hands Aloha his bag. The class watches intensely while he frantically rambles through his backpack and pulls out a bottle what looks to be filled with small blue pills. Aloha pops one into his mouth and finally; after a good five minutes or so he clams down and rests his head down onto his desk, burying his face in his arms.

"Aloha, do you need to see the nurse?" Our teachers asks with concern. Aloha, the stubborn inkling he is rejects the offer and stays resting in his position.
Before we can move on with the lesson our teacher suddenly halts in his tracks and takes Alohas medicine bottle.

"Give Me That!!" Aloha stands abruptly up and try's ripping the bottle out of our teacher hands but he back further away as I see a wave of horror spread over his face. Aloha boils with anger and leaps over toward our teacher trying to attack him while wrestling the bottle away from him.

The room fills with shouts and screams. Some cheer and or record while others are screaming for Aloha to get off. I think it's about time to end this so I step in and pry Aloha off our teacher who still holds the medicine bottle tight. The wild party animal truly becomes an animal in the moment.

He screams and try's to scratch me away or bite me off him. But I hold him close until he gives up from his lack of energy. "GIVE ME...MY MEDICINE BACK!!!" He yells at our teacher who stands and calls the principal and makes us evacuate the classroom. I leave Aloha in the room with him
As I see more staff arriving and carry him
out while he fights and begs for his pills.

He truly looked awful..his clothes were a mess while tear stains stuck to his cheeks as he was dragged out by three other staff members. All I can remember from that day was his screams and begs. I heard
he's grandparents were called and has a three
day suspension. But this only means he's facing something more severe once he enters his home...

______________________________