This is our Sanctuary

Past the pain through the times, you find yourself wondering how life can be so much. Many years after he had said farewell to his friend, he could only reminisce on the wonderful times. There wasn't enough for them. He knew that, and wished he everyday he didn't say goodbye. He can only dream,
and sometimes; that isn't enough.

He has grown. Found a home and built one of his own. Same friends, same city, same details. The ones he knew before grew old and made a families of their own. He still was the same, didn't want to lose that side of him. Army is out and celebrating with his friends, taking in life that is before him.

The pondering thought still lays behind though.
The orange leader relaxes and enjoys the party with many of their friends there but Army still wants one particular squid to show. He parts away from the group and rests outside the house, sitting on the chilly step that cover with snow.

She notices his absence and finds his location; joining right by his side knowing his problem.
"It's tough everyday, I know..." Forge eases wanting to console her upset friend. "...I miss him.
Everyday. I want to see him..." Army whispers low; keeping his head apart from hers.

She rubs his back and with force shoves him forward off the steps and into the cold snow. He wrestles to his feet but made progress and stood with anger that directs toward her. She hums with delight and takes her stand ready to walk inside. "Take a walk. Clear your head! You'll feel better." She offers and enters the house leaving Army standing in the cold.

He scoffs and kicks the snow, furiously walking away and down the block that eventually leads him into the park. A thick white sheet of snow covers the ground and crunches below with every step he took toward the trees. With a clearing, he looks up and sees the big bright blue moon amongst those lazy stars. "I wish... I want you..to return..." Army sadly spoke with heart break and waits in the silence hoping something might happen.

But nothing changed. Sorrowfully, Army sighs and exits the park wanting to hide away at his home.
He groans and runs in the cold, freezing his hands and face but enters the house slamming the door shut, exhausted and hurting..

"..." he only wishes, he could say more. Parting away he enters his living room and drops his belongings there. "When we are older..." Army suddenly crocked
looking around the are sighting his piano. Without hesitation he approaches and begins pressing the keys delicately with a rhythm so magnificent he got lost in the zone.

"We'll LIVE for younger daayss.. think of me whenever you're afraid" he continues with a thrilling smile until he just stops- The world around seemed to stop suddenly. It's quiet and suffocating
Army lifts his fingers away from the keys with a tear sliding down his face and steps away looking miserable. "Don't stop. I want to hear more~"

The sound of a familiar voice spins Army around to see the pink inkling sitting on the couch with a glass in one hand and a genuine smile upon his face.
Aloha approaches the orange lad who continues standing in place; baffled and confused thinking this is just an illusion. Yet it wasn't.

"Don't just stand there. Say something.." Aloha, now is face to face with Army who continues trickling down more tears; not preparing to move an inch but eventually gets the courage. "Are you really here...?"
His broken voice vibrates through his sentence as  Aloha leans in to kiss him harshly, yet passionately.

Army gasps and once realized he's actually here he holds him closer with the kiss increasing each second. Aloha backed Army up against the piano and plants long missing kisses over his face and lips repeating over and over. "I'm staying, I'm staying!"
Army pulls away and exhaustedly responds-

"Ah-What- what!?" Aloha let's one more kiss land on Army and repeats his sentence. "I'm staying with you. I don't want to be no where else...unless you come along." Aloha mutters with his head pressed upon Army's. "..Be mine.." the orange lad exclaims waiting for what Aloha might say. "Army, you stupid,
caring squid...I became yours the day you took a chance on me." Aloha kisses his lips once more.

Army hugs the pink lad then lifts him up and carries him to the couch where they shall rest together.
"How did you get into my house? I moved years ago..
how did you know I lived here?" Aloha boops the inklings nose revealing his secret. "Forge, she texted me and told me everything about you~ so you have no secrets with me~"

Army cuddles his lover closer. They lay down by the fire and snuggle and kiss there for hours going over everything that they have missed about one another.
"I really wish I was allowed to text you...it would have been easier." Army acknowledges with Aloha responding bitterly with a hating anger.
"Yeah. But they thought it would be best to disconnect everyone from when I lived here..."

Army rocks the little inkling in his arms and hums a melody. "At least you were okay. Right?" Aloha giggles and nods looking into the fire.
"Army, can we runaway together?" Aloha offers and waits silently until he hears Army laugh out a tiny bit. "Of course. I promise you, we will go anywhere you would like~" Army sits up with Aloha straddling upon his waist. "Mountains, but they have to be foggy with the trees peeking out of them!~" Aloha beams bright with excitement written over his face.

"The mountains. That will be our first travel. I love you Aloha." Army gives a soft long kiss that takes the others breath away. Aloha blushes and turns into a cherry; stumbling over his words that don't form correctly when he spoke. "Don't make me increase that blush~" Army whispers and bites down on Alohas neck with him releasing a pleasant mutter.

"...I love you..t-too...when can we go?" Aloha wonders out loud with Army responding-
"Tomorrow?" Curiously Army thought with Aloha jumping joy and hugs his boyfriend close. Finally those two can make their life the way they want.
Saying farewell to their past and moving forward to their future that has much to hold for them.

"Tomorrow it is."

____________________________
BABUSHKA!!!!!