Intuition

ARMY POV_

Today was an awkward start I'm not going to lie.
While picking something to eat at the plaza I saw Aloha standing alone without an umbrella on the other side of the street. He seemed miserable...
but I shouldn't assume, he is known to be the upbeat, pleasant type.

Like he told me, it was his bitter mood. Everyone has those mornings. However, something about our ride didn't settle with me. When I offered him my muffin...this expression crossed his face.
One I have never seen on him...

I've seen him smile, I've seen him laugh and spring into action, but the jolliness in his eyes said thousands of words. He was thankful...but how come? Does he not eat in the mornings?

When I saw those markings, a deep sickening feeling consumed my stomach, making it difficult to concentration on anything else around..

He said he fell down some stairs and got the cut and bruise, but that seems like a load of bullshit. I'm not saying he's a liar, I'm just thinking he's not telling the full truth about his marks.

I walk into the building that is my school and go into my first class where Forge works on the project Aloha accidentally broke. I sit behind her; so I don't greet here straight away. My mind still pounders about those bruises....it's not my problem,
but I can't help to be curious on his situation...

Something is wrong! I can feel it.

"Hey, my teacher gave me a second chance to redo the project! He understood, knowing the halls are always crowded." She spoke looking at me with her bright orange eyes. It's good to know they gave her a chance..but I still think she should apologize for how she snapped at-

"I also want to find Aloha and give him my apology...I was upset that my many hours of work was shattered in only three seconds." At least she's aware about her attitude toward him. I can't reply with much since I can't get that image out of my head...

When I was walking with him a gust of wind blew and lifted Aloha's shirt...showing red and purple marks over his sides...I don't have the best sight,
but I KNOW what I saw...he didn't just fall, did he? He's been physical abused.

Don't think that! It could be nothing and your twisting up your thoughts again!
But if he is in trouble...what can I do?
Him and I aren't friends...but I like him enough to where I can't stand by and let him be assaulted!

I'v been caught in my train of thought since Forge patted me on my hand. I look up, half startled and see that she's worried for my health.

"Are you okay?" She asks but I couldn't say anything to her. I stand up immediately and take my bag, walking out of the class room; with eyes all on me.
He should be in his own class. But where exactly is that? I'm scared, not for myself but for him.

Everything I saw! Every word he said! This can't be happening...can it? He's happy, free, and willing to make a party happen...It could be his act- an act.
We are such complex creatures that we need to hide behind a mask just to feel welcomed in this world.

He could be doing that. Enjoying life when really it's crushing him. I will not let that happen to him!

Walking down the empty halls really puts me on edge, but it's for a good cause. I only want to confirm if he's in trouble. As I walk more down the school halls I then hear Aloha and his friend Diver talking.

"You're an ass for leaving me out in that field, Army found me and asked why I was there." That's Alohas voice speaking- "And? He's the kind who won't pressure you to answer him~ but what did you tell him?" Diver sounds guilty, traced with worry,
not for Alohas sake but for his own.

He could been the one who got Aloha to use.
I follow them far behind, still in ear range and over hear more of their conversation. "I don't know I forgot!! Look, just give me something strong, not something that will let me sleep, a dose of energy that will make me Feel!" Aloha sounds sick...he didn't sound anything like that when I was with him.

"I got you baby~ but no can do on the 'Feel' part, those are required by doctors and since I'm not one, I'll give you a knock off brand that works just as great." Divers flattery persuades Aloha to take it. They enter the bathroom and that's when I stop following.

Go In and stop them! He's not my problem....
But you love him don't you?
You don't want him harmed.
Or were you lying? We can't all be hero's....

I'm pathetic. I can't help him, if I couldn't help myself what made me think I could save him...I'm not a hero...I force my feet to turn and walk away. Away from the restroom, and back to class.

I managed to go about my day without thinking much of what I saw and now enter the cafeteria where my friends are located, eating their meals.
While walking to them I notice Aloha and his buddy's at another table.

It comes rushing back into mind. His bumps and bruises...I settle at a free seat where my friends are and try to ignore team pink, only to ponder more...my mind is the absolute worst....

"Hey guys, have you ever fallen down stairs before?"
That was new! I didn't mean to say anything about that!! I just kept thinking of it and it slipped out...
"Stairs? Yeah, I've fallen down them before.
My back hurt ever time I leaned against
something." this catches my attention.

"Your back?"

"Yeah, have you ever noticed that we don't fall forward unless there's a heavy pull in front of us. We usually fall back because our instincts command us to avert away from the horrible fall that we know will be painful." Forge explains this rather well and gets me to think more about Alohas incident.

"You have something Forge, but that's not exactly it.
We sometimes fall forward because of a heavy weight that is attached to us. Having a force does cause damage and with that force we fly forward. Depends on where it's at." Blue adds in, I can tell they're speaking scientifically and personally.

"Close, but it doesn't always count on that. It could be weak legs or unstable structure that makes you fall. Let's be realistic... however, having a force does have affect. If you manage to fall forward then it's either weight you're holding or again your legs pushing forward making you fall."

And that's when White gave me another horrible thought. She said it, the word...Push Could he have been pushed? Blue also said it depends where the force is at...

"Why do you ask anyway?" Forge questions my strange behavior. "..Just thinking about possible outcomes.." I chuckle nervously. Them knowing will cause up a racket. Aloha doesn't want this going around. Its only a theory after all.

"Oh Wow! That's why you're the best Sir! You're always thinking!!" Blue smiles, only for me to look away. I can't face him when I'm not being honest to them all. Finally, the bell rings for the next class.

"See you guys after school." I wave a farewell to them as I make way down the hall. Should I tell them? Again it could be my thoughts going wild!!
But if I include someone, they can help me...

"Army." I pause and glance back to see it's only Forge. Putting on a smile I greet and ask her what she's here for...I can never lie with her. In fact,
I can't hide anything from her. She's like a witch. That's why she's here asking me this...

"You're hiding something, aren't you."

"Never could slip past your intuition..."

_______________________________