Chapter 15!

Author's Note:

Hey, eveyone, thanks for all the comments. Are you all excited for the Holidays? I hope you all have Happy Holidays and enjoy every moment with your loved ones. I love you all!

Emily, xoxo

______________________________________________________________________________

The fifth drew nearer and nearer with no word from Dallas and I hoped he would come through. I hadn’t told him about the appointment but I don’t think he would go even if I did tell him. I found out that I got a job and started working immediately.

I opened my eyes on the fifth at 6:30 in the morning which was way too early for me to be getting up. I was excited to get my first ultrasound. I groaned and heaved myself out of bed and went through my morning routine: puke, shower, brush my teeth, do my hair, and get dressed.

I walked downstairs and rubbed my eyes. I had dressed into baggy pajama pants and a shirt that had a few holes along the bottom seam. I didn’t care if I looked like shit; I felt comfy and wasn’t going to change. “Darry!” I yelled.

“What?” He asked taking a sip from the coffee mug he was holding.

“Are you ready?” I asked, I was more than ready.

“Yeah, I guess so, the doctors is about twenty-five minutes away.” He said glancing up at the clock on the wall. He stood up and but his wallet in his pockets and grabbed his keys. I followed him into the truck and sat down in the passenger seat. “Do you work today?” He asked. I sighed.

“Yeah, I do. I get my paycheck today too.” I said with a smile. I had taken up a job as a waitress at the dingo and was forced to wear the most uncomfortable uniform that was too tight and too short.

“That’s good.” He said.

“I’m going to start looking at places to live and see what the down payment is.” I said.

“Summer, you don’t have to move out right away. Wait a while before you start looking.” He said.

“I don’t have time to wait, I need to start looking. I have about five months to pay for and set up a new house that has enough space for me and my baby.” I said. “Somehow I need a car and a crib, bottles and clothes and diapers and a million other things.” I said.

“Maybe you can stay. Summer, I feel really bad about having you move out.”

“Don’t worry about it. It’s about time I grow up.” I said.

“You’re not even eighteen.” He said.

“I’m almost eighteen, it’s ok. Stop being all worried.” I said and he pulled into a parking spot.

“I never stop worrying.” He said.

“So… you and Copper huh?” I asked.

“Yeah, she’s such a nice girl, nothing like her brother.” He said.

“I can see some similarities.” I said.

“Like what?” He asked and I could sense that he was getting defensive.

“Nothing big, she’s really outspoken, like Dallas, and her face has Dallas’ structure.” I said getting out of the truck and walking into the building with Darry in tow.

“Do you not like Copper?” He asked.

“She actually grew on me.” I said as I opened the door to one of the many offices in the building. I walked over to the front desk. “Hi, I have an appointment for an ultrasound.” I said with a smile.