Chapter 11

A/N:

Hey! I'm really sorry for the incredibly long wait for this chapter. This year's been a rough year all over and it's finally catching up to me. With school approaching soon, I'll most likely get more on track. So yay! I'd like to take a moment to thank you all for reading. Well, hopefully I'll update more soon!

Lots of love, Emily xxxx

“Summer, I think that you’re pregnant.” Copper said and my eyes almost fell out of my head. My hand rushed to my stomach, a baby? I thought hopelessly

“I’m not pregnant, I don’t know what you’re talking about but I can assure you that I’m not pregnant. I can’t be pregnant!” I yelled.

“It would make sense, Summer, you just might be pregnant. We should get you to a doctor and find out.” Copper said.

“I can’t be pregnant though, Dallas hates me now and he would be the only father option, he can’t be a father because he hates me and he wouldn’t be there for the kid. I don’t have money; I can’t be a mom because I don’t know how to be one. Tell me I’m not pregnant!” I yelled completely rambling and flustered.

“We can fix this; the doctor can give you an abortion.” Copper said.

“Abortion! I have a living kid inside of me and you expect me to have an abortion!” I yelled.

“Well, what else do you want me to say, you don’t want a kid.” She said.

“I don’t want to kill my baby though!” I yelled.

“You two calm the fuck down.” Darry snapped. Our eyes flashed to him. “You don’t even know if you are pregnant or not so just shut up.”

“But-.” I said and he cut me off immediately.

“No buts I’ll call the doctor and then we can figure it out from there.” He said.

“Darry, I’m not getting an abortion.” I said.

“Fine, I still need to call the doctors.” He said. I nodded and frowned. I can’t be pregnant. I thought hopelessly.

A few minutes later Darry came back into the living room with a grim look on his face. “Go get dressed. They could fit you in for in fifteen minutes.” He said. I nodded.

“I am dressed.” I said with a smile. He rolled his eyes.

“Whatever, let’s go.” He said walking outside to his truck. I followed him and got into the passenger seat. In less than nine months I could have a newborn in the backseat. I was completely shaken and was on the brink of insanity. I don’t think I could do it. Maybe it will be like in seventh grade and no baby will come.

Darry and I were sitting in the waiting area awaiting the results of the test. It should be done in a few minutes. I thought unable to take my eyes off of the forever changing clock. The door opened and a nurse equipped with a clipboard and a stethoscope. “Summer Curtis please come here so I can tell you the results.” She said with a smile on her face. My hand rushed to my stomach. I looked at Darry and he stood up.

“I can do this by myself.” I said my voice shaking. He shrugged and sat back down. I walked into the hallway and the nurse closed the door. “Just tell me, am I pregnant or not?” I asked.

“You are pregnant, congratulations.” She said with a big smile on her face that quickly disappeared when I didn’t smile back.

“So there’s a real baby growing inside of me?” I asked. She nodded.

“Are you going to keep the baby?” She asked. I nodded.

“I have to.” I said.

“You don’t have to do anything, do what you want to do. Just remember that it’s your baby and your decision and your choice that you will have to live with.” She said and she was completely right. I nodded.

“I won’t be getting an abortion; it’s the wrong choice for me.” I said.

“You can find out the sex in about two to four weeks.” She said.

“Ok.” I said.

“Go to the front desk and go set up an appointment for three weeks from today ok?” She asked. I nodded.

“Ok thank you miss.” I said and it hit me. I was pregnant with a baby that I will have to provide for eighteen years and I was terrified. I walked back to the waiting area and Darry stood up. I looked into his eyes and trembled. He’d be so disappointed. I thought.

“What’s the verdict?” He asked.

“I need to make another appointment for in three weeks, I am pregnant, Darry.” I said a lump forming in my throat. He shook his head.

“I was hoping that you weren’t pregnant, but at least you chose the right option for you, there just isn’t another way.” I nodded. “I mean you can’t have a kid, that’d be insane.” He said.

“Darry, I’m not setting up the appointment for an abortion. I told you once, and I’ll tell you again, I’m going to keep the baby.” I said.

“Then what is the appointment for?” He asked.

“I’m about two months along and I’ll find out what the sex of the baby is.” I said with a smile.

“So now you’re happy about this?” He demanded.

“Darry, I can’t not be happy because I have to love this kid for the rest of my life, I might as well be happy about it do you want me to be miserable all the time or should I try to live a happy life?” I demanded getting really angry.

“Whatever, just go set up your appointment so we can get out of here.” He said. I shook my head in disbelief. I walked up to the front desk.

“Hi, I need to set up an appointment.” I said with a smile.

“For what and when?” She asked.

“To find out the sex of my child.” I said.

“You’re pregnant?” She asked. “Aren’t you a little bit too young?” She asked looking at me completely disgusted.

“I’m turning eighteen in two weeks.” I said.

“Well, you are going to need an ultrasound first so they can check on the health of the baby in about a week. You can come in on the fifth at 7:30 at the OBGYN at this address.” She said handing me a card. I nodded. “All your appointments will be at this address so when you get there they’ll set one to find out the sex then, so yeah here you go Miss, good luck.” She said. I just rolled my eyes and walked over to Darry.

“Come on let’s go.” I said. He shook his head and I could tell he was disappointed. I was kind of shocked that Darry was being such a downer. I didn’t expect him to be ecstatic but I didn’t expect him to act like this.

“You know that you’re going to have to tell Dallas before you tell anyone else.” He said.

“I kind of figured that.” I said with a shrug.

“Summer, I know this isn’t easy for you and I know I’m being tough on you, it’s just that I don’t know how to react to this.” He said.

“Darry, this is the time where you need to be there for me and you can’t expect me to do something that I don’t believe in. I’m sorry, Darry, but it just isn’t an option for me.” I said.

“Well, this might be hard to say but I don’t want you living with me when the baby comes.” He blurted out.

“What?” I asked baffled. “Why?” I asked my blue eyes wide.