Chapter 22

Author's Note:

Just posting another chapter or two, y'all deserve it!

Emily xoxo

___________________________________

Dallas’ P.O.V…

I walked down the street and toward the Curtis’ house. I wanted to ask Darry something. I lit up a cigarette and inhaled the smoke deeply. I don’t want to do this. Summer may have not noticed but it was our one year anniversary of getting together the first time. I wanted to surprise her with something special. I opened the door. “Hey, Darry.” I said with a smirk.

“Dallas.” He said.

“What’s going, man?” I asked.

“Nothing, we might go see the baby soon.” He said.

“Well, I have something to ask you.” I said.

“What is it?” He asked.

“Does Summer believe in marriage?” I asked. His eyes widened and a confused look came over him.

Dallas’ P.O.V…

“Yeah, she does believe in marriage, why wouldn’t she?” Darry asked.

“Well, I stole this ring a long time ago from some jeweler and I was to give it to her and I thought it would fit better than my ring and fuck, I just don’t want her to get the wrong idea.” I said shaking my head.

“Someone’s gone a little soft.” Darry said shaking his head.

“I have not! What the fuck are you talking about?” I demanded my anger beginning to boil. I hadn’t gone soft, that wasn’t even possible.

“Giving a ring to a girl is very soft.” He said.

“What? No it’s not; I just wanted to give it to her so she doesn’t think I’m just using her for sex.” I said. In reality, I liked Summer, but I liked what she did in bed a lot.

“You better not be using her for sex, I will chop off your balls if you get her pregnant again.” Darry said in a warning tone.

“If it happens it happens, I like seeing little recreations of me, there should be tons more people like me in the world.” I said nodding and imagining a million of me. That’d be great.

“You are using her for sex aren’t you?” Darry said.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about Super dope.” I said shaking my head and walking out the door.  It looks like I’m scratching the ring idea. Darry was right, that was soft of me. I’ll get her a bottle of vodka instead, get her drunk, and have a good night. I thought.

“Dallas.” I heard a deep angry voice say. I looked up and saw Tim staring down at me.

“Well, if it isn’t ol’ Timmy.” I said with a smile on my face.

“We got a soc problem.” Tim said shaking his head.

Summer’s P.O.V…

I rested my feet on the coffee table and shoveled ice cream down my throat. I really need to stop being fat. I thought unhappily. Nikki began crying in her pink bouncy seat next to me. “Really, Nikki, I just started eating.” I complained and got up and popped her binky back in her mouth and handed her the small washcloth she was intrigued by. She grunted in frustration as she couldn’t fully grasp the washcloth. I watched in awe as she finally put her fist around the cloth and shook it around her happily. She dropped it quickly and began to grunt again. There was a knock at the door. “Who is it?” I yelled with my mouth full.