Chapter 20

Soda’s P.O.V…

“I can’t believe Summer’s a mom.” Pony said shaking his head.

“I know me either.” I said and rolled over and closed my eyes.

Things will never be the same with Summer, and now Dallas is out of jail so she’ll be less frequent. I really loved Summer, I thought of her as a sister and wished she could move back in with us but I know that’s not happening. I fell asleep dreaming of a time when Summer was just a little girl, we were best friends and inseparable. That obviously didn’t stay the same, I wanted my cousin back…

Summer’s P.O.V…

I was nine years old when I first saw Dallas. I was sitting on the creaky porch swing on Darry’s porch. “Hey, what is a broad like you doing around here?” He asked me blowing cigarette smoke out of his mouth.

“Don’t call me a broad, I’m Soda’s cousin.” I said twirling the two cent lollipop in my mouth. “Aren’t you too young to be smoking?” I asked.

“You’re never too young for nothing.” He said spitting on the lawn.

“Ewe, you’re gross.” I said.

“Whatever you little bitch, rot in hell.” He said and went inside the house. Tears began falling down my face silently. I had never been called a bitch before and I was pretty sure it wasn’t a good thing. I don’t like that boy.” I thought and crossed my arms.

I woke up at nine o’clock on the third day at the hospital, today I would be going home at noon. I was excited to finally start my life on my own with Nicole. I felt a lot better now than I did when I was pregnant. All the pregnancy weight had went down a lot and I was almost my old size. I looked at Nicole in her little makeshift bed. She was so cute when she was sleeping. I got up from bed and began packing up my stuff, I didn’t really have a lot but I was getting some supplies from the hospital. The nurses said I could take some diapers, wipes, and formula. I put the supplies in a black bag and sat back down. This is the life. I thought sarcastically. When Nikki is asleep I have absolutely nothing to do. I picked up my bedside phone and dialed Darry’s number. “Hello?” Dallas said into the phone.

“Dallas?” I asked confused.

“The one and only.” He said with a smirk.

“I was just calling to make sure that Darry was picking me up today.” I said.

“I can pick you up, I have Buck’s car.” He said.