Chapter 12

Author's Note:

I'm so so so so so so sorry about this wait. I have been soo busy! I need a reminder to update!! Well, here's chapter 12 of Everything's Changing. Please vote and comment  and fan but  most importantly ENJOY!

Love you all, Emily xoxo

“I’m sorry, Summer, but I can’t afford to have to care for a baby too. I don’t want to kick you out, if we had more space, more money, more everything, I would never kick you out.”

“No, Darry, I understand, me and my baby have plenty of time to prepare and move into a place of our own.” I said touching my stomach. I felt a connection to the baby, like I already knew him or her.

“I’m really sorry, I just hope that you can get a happy home in time for the baby.” He said.

“I will, you don’t need all of the extra stress, I’m sure my baby will have a good set of lungs.” I said.

“Summer, let’s go and I’m going to drop you off at Buck’s. Tell Dallas, it’ll only get harder if you don’t do it now.” He said. I knew he was right but I didn’t want to tell him. I hesitantly nodded and rubbed my belly and tried to settle the flutter of nervous butterflies that were flying rapidly around my stomach.

“I’m so scared, Darry.” I said letting a few tears fall from my eyes. I wasn’t just scared of telling Dallas, I was scared about the baby, I was scared about my future that had been so secure a few months ago.

“I know you are, Summer.” He said rubbing my back. I felt like vomiting because I didn’t want to do this but it was better for him to know sooner rather than later because he might want to step up, who knows. I thought with a shrug. I zoned out watching the trees blur past me until they stopped. “Go ahead; I’ll be waiting here for when you get out, ok?” He asked. I nodded and got out of the truck and jumped the short distance to the ground. I walked up the stairs and swung open the door. My eyes scanned the room and I saw Dallas sitting in the corner, a blonde on his lap and a beer bottle in his hand. I walked over to him and as I got closer I heard him whispering things to her that he had just told me a few months ago. I had been through so much with Dallas and I didn’t want to give up, I still thought we had a chance.

“Dallas, I need to talk to you.” I said looking at my feet.

“Ewe, why would you talk to such a fat ass, never mind the fact that she’s hideous?” The blonde said.

“Just get off of me.” Dallas said pushing her off of him. “What do you want, Summer?” He asked, his eyes hard and cold, his fists balled up.

“Like I said I need to talk to you.” I said.

“Then talk.” He snapped.

“I think we should talk somewhere else.” I said.

“God damn it, Summer, just talk you’re wasting my time.” He yelled.

“I’m pregnant!” I yelled. His eyes opened wider.

“I don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about you whore, it’s not mine.” He said.

“It is yours, Dally.” I said. He shook his head.

“I don’t get whores like you pregnant.” He snapped.

“You did though.” I said.

“Fuck you.” He said.

“Dallas, I’m carrying your child in here.” I said pointing to your stomach. “I’m not carrying anyone else’s baby but yours and you need to man up.” I said.

“You need to get that thing out of you.” He said and his words hurt, tears welled up in my eyes.

“Yeah, you’re not the only one saying that. I’m not getting our baby out until she or he is ready.” I said.

“I don’t want it.” He said.

It is a baby, our baby, my child and your child. It is going to have one of our eye colors. It is going to have a strong personality. It will be a boundless person greater than myself because it won’t have a drunk mom and hopefully a dad that won’t step out. It will have a name.” I said putting stressing my tone on every single it. “It is a child not an it.” I said.

“I don’t give a shit, either get it out of you or raise it on your own.” He said. I shook my head in disbelief.

“Dallas, why are you mad at me?” I asked.

“You’re obviously fucking dense!” He yelled.

“No, why haven’t you talked to me in months?” I asked.

“I haven’t wanted to talk to you in months.” He said.

“Why, Dallas, why did you leave me, why did you let me rot away in my room and cry for you every single night? Huh, Dallas, can you give me a good reason?” I demanded.

“Get out of here Curtis before I punch you in your ugly ass face.” And with that I ran from the bar and ran past Darry’s car in tears. Darry pulled in front of me as I lay on the ground suddenly exhausted. He picked me up and I didn’t want to put up a fight.

“What did he do to you?” He demanded.

“I don’t want to talk about it.” I said through sobs.

“Summer, it’s going to be all right.” He said.

“No it won’t be, Darry, everything’s going wrong and no one supports me, everyone thinks I should kill my baby but I won’t, I refuse to terminate my pregnancy. I don’t even care if Dallas steps in or not but I know that I will be there for my bundle of joy. This isn’t an optional situation, Darry!” I said a complete mess. “Dallas threatened to punch me. He said I need to remove it, Darry he called my child an it!” I yelled. “I shouldn’t have told him. I shouldn’t have.” I said rocking back and forth in my seat. “Please, Darry, be there for me.” I pleaded. He nodded.

“I see how important this is to you, I’ll support you, Summer, don’t worry about it.” He said. With that we drove back to the house in complete silence, except for my wails of pain.