Chapter 5

Author's Note:

Here's chapter 5! Please vote/comment/fan I really need some motivation to post!!

Emily xoxo

____________________________________________________________________________

Summer’s P.O.V…

“He got stabbed...” I said through sobs. “Like at least three or four times…” I tried to catch my breath. “I’m so…so sorry, Copper. I really didn’t want to have to tell you but it just happened so fast.” I said.

“Oh.” She said in nearly a whisper. “I don’t see why you care or what my brother is to you but what you need to understand is that Dallas may not be the most loving or sweet or heartfelt person but he’s my brother and I never wanted to see him get hurt.” She said sounding choked up. “And I’m supposed to be his sister who can live up to him and be tough just like him. I’m not supposed to cry and I’m supposed to say ‘ok’ and hang up the phone.  I just can’t, for once in my life I need to let it out. Today has been a rough day for me all over and this makes it worse. Summer just tell me he’s going to be ok and that he’s gonna walk out of that hospital tomorrow and be the same guy that he was just a few hours ago.” She said pleading.

“Copper, I’m really sorry and as Dally’s girl, I really don’t think he would want me to even call you but I can’t lie to you, I know that I can never be as scared as you are and I haven’t known Dally for nearly as long as you have and I can’t know as much as you know about Dally. The only thing left for me to give you is the truth. Truth is, I’m sitting here shaking, scared for Dallas. I don’t know if he’s going to be ok because the doc’s won’t tell me shit. I hope that they might lighten up in a few hours but I don’t know, Copper. I really do from the bottom of my heart hope that Dallas can walk out of there tomorrow but until I know for sure I can’t make any promises.” I said wiping a tear from my eyes.

“You confuse the shit out of me.” She said. “You’re now Dallas’ girl and that’s fine but I really can’t take the fucking alligator tears. They are so fake and unreal and unbelievable. Summer, there is no way that you can feel so deeply for Dallas in such a short amount of time. Dallas is coldhearted and doesn’t give a shit. So you can stop your crying because I don’t believe it.” She snapped.

“Well I’m sorry that I’m hurt that not only my boyfriend and longtime crush is in the hospital but that a gang member is in the hospital.” I said. “You may have not known but I do have a heart and I’m an overdramatic bitch but I will fight till the end for anyone that I care about.” I said.

“Yeah, sure whatever.” She said.

“Well, I’m going back to the hospital and when I find something out I’ll remember not to call you.” I snapped.

“Really.” She said in disbelief.

“No.” I said and hung up. I shook my head and walked outside. Damn it. I thought lighting up a cigarette. I hate smoking. I thought taking a deep drag. I swear, I’m gonna quit smoking once Dal gets out of the hospital. It’s just not healthy anymore. I walked outside and down the street in silence, kicking beer cans and stray soda cans and little pebbles, or any other trash that got in my way. My conversation with Copper was really getting the best of me. I know I’m insecure but I just hate when people pick at me and point out how dramatic I am and how I get so attached to things so easily. It’s just me and there isn’t anything I can do to change it but it hurts when people point it out. I trudged along to the hospital and finally made it there and the sick feeling of worry rushed back to me. I began walking a little faster, by the time I got out to the door I was completely out of breath. Damn it, why am I so tired? I thought sitting down on a bench that sat outside of the hospital. I caught my breath and got back up. I walked upstairs to the floor where Dallas was and I walked to the small desk. “Hey, can you give me any information on how Dallas Winston is doing?” I asked tapping my fingernails on the front desk.