4

"We're spending the day with Jett!" Leslie clapped her hands with excitement.

"He said he would pick us up and show us some of his favorite spots. Do you think it's safe?" Sadie was worried about making the wrong decision. They didn't know Jett Blackwell at all, or the city they were in.

"I mean I would be okay if he kidnapped me," Leslie frowned at Sadie's serious expression. "I'm kidding. It's going to be fine. He obviously wants to spend time with you."

"But why? I didn't ask for his attention. What is he getting from this?" Sadie was certain that when he saw her bombshell of a sister that he would no longer want anything to do with her.

"Just enjoy it while it lasts. It doesn't have to become anything, and he doesn't have to have an intention. You only live once."

Jett arrived in a nice, black SUV. Sadie wanted Leslie to sit beside him, but she gave her a wink and slid in the back. She braced herself for the awkward.

"You must be Jett Blackwell. My sister hasn't shut up about your coffee dates. I'm Leslie, it's great to meet you."

Sadie felt an embarrassing flush fill her cheeks for the millionth time this trip.

Jett gave a gentle smile to Sadie, as if he knew what she was thinking. She felt her stomach knot up at the tender look.

"It's great to meet you, too." His mask was back on and it bothered her. "Food or site seeing first?"

"What kind of site seeing?" Leslie inquired. "I'm good with anything though."

"There's a really nice botanical garden at Springs Preserve. I was thinking there."

Leslie grinned, "That would be cool. If there's anything Sadie loves more than horses, it's flowers. Isn't that right?"

Sadie nodded in agreement, "I love plants."

"And horses?" Jett inquired curiously. Sadie was so surprising. He loved learning about her.

"Sadie, you didn't tell him you own your own ranch?"

She hated telling people she owned a ranch. There were so many questions, and they always doubted her abilities. Small business owner was much more appealing.

"You own your own ranch?" Jett was shocked. What couldn't this girl do?

"It's an equine therapy center to assist with children and adults with special needs, like physical and mental disabilities."

"That's incredible," Jett breathed. He was speechless. Sadie was modest and shy, but so intelligent and caring.

At that moment, he knew he could never let her leave his life. Her personality was refreshing. She was truly God's gift, and he would cherish it forever. He would keep in touch with her no matter what.

"What do you do, Leslie?" he asked politely, holding out his hand to Sadie hoping she would hold it.

Sadie felt warm and tingly all over when she placed her tiny hand into his much larger one. It was their first physical contact and the sparks were undeniable. She could feel the blood rushing through her ears as her heart threatened to beat right out of her chest.

Jett felt this too, as he laced their fingers and rested them on the middle console. He loved the feeling of her soft skin against his, his mind wondering to other things. What would it be like to kiss her?

Leslie desperately wanted to snap a picture. Never had she seen her sister so infatuated or even interested in a guy. She did start to wonder about Jett's intentions.

"I'm going to school to become a nurse," she answered Jett, knowing full well he wasn't paying attention.

"Oh, that's cool," he said. Jett was in a totally different world, but this world wasn't scary, filled with demons and ghosts, this one was warm and made him feel grounded.

Sadie was in love with the botanical garden. She loved the smell of the flowers. It felt so alive.

"I saw you holding hands with him," Leslie stated when Jett went to the restroom, wondering what her shy sister was feeling.

"I don't feel like his intentions are bad, but we're leaving tomorrow, so I don't really get the point to all of this," Sadie admitted. Her feelings were strong, but what were his? Was he just toying with her because he had the power to? What if he used his status to woo a bunch of other girls like this?

Sadie was beginning to panic. Had she fallen into a trap?

"Hey, Sadie. It's going to be okay, whatever his intentions are," Leslie soothed.

"I think we should go back to the hotel," Sadie whispered.

"Is that what you really want?"

"I want to spend more time with him, but I don't know," she was conflicted. The emotions were giving her whiplash.

"You know I can't decide for you, but I will cover for you if you want to go back."

Sadie agreed to let Leslie come up with an excuse to go back to the hotel. She didn't want to leave Jett, but she was beginning to think that he did this to a bunch of tourist girls that strikes his fancy. It was fun while it lasted.

"I've been drinking and gambling every night since we've been here, and my body does not appreciate it," Leslie giggled as if she weren't spilling information nobody wanted to hear. "Can you take us back to the hotel please?"

"Sure," Jett agreed. "Is that okay, Sadie?"

Sadie nodded, trying to distance herself from the situation.