5

Jett knew something was up. All of a sudden, Sadie was quiet and tense, as if something were bothering her. Had he done something wrong?

"Sadie, please let me talk to you before you go up," he said, reaching out before she could exit the car and follow her sister up.

"I really had a great time getting to know you and your sister. I'm sorry if I did something that suggested my intentions were not pure," he said sincerely.

"I had a good time too," she whispered. "But we're leaving tomorrow and..."

"And I still want to keep in contact with you. We could make it work," he finished for her.

"Why? Why are you making me feel like I'm a big deal?" She was not expecting this at all. He wanted to keep in touch?

Jett was silent for a moment, "You are a big deal. I don't know why, but I am so drawn to you, and I don't want you to leave thinking I was only trying to get in your pants."

Sadie was stunned silent, and she felt heat rush to her face.

"I feel it too," she whispered so softly she was certain he couldn't hear, but he did and a beautiful smile appeared on his normal stern face.

"Will you have dinner with me tonight, before you go home tomorrow?"

She couldn't say no to him, not when he was being so sincere, so she let Leslie know and settled back in the car.

"How do you feel about me cooking us dinner at my place? You can say no."

She was still worried about going to a house she didn't know, but it would be nice to be able to talk to Jett without any distractions. Sadie tended to get caught up in her surroundings and Jett attracted a lot of attention.

She agreed, a little surprised when he mentioned he enjoyed cooking. He was fit beyond belief, so he probably ate a strict diet.

She was pretty in shape from all of the labor she did, but nothing compared to the size of Jett's biceps. He had a small tattoo on his hand, and she saw a small glimpse of one hidden on his back when his shirt shifted. 

Jett felt her staring, and it heated his entire body. He didn't want to embarrass her by bringing it up, he actually enjoyed having her eyes on him.

It was a risky move, asking her to go to his house. He never took anybody to his house because if his address was leaked he was certain people would be all over the property.

However, Jett understand that the attention he attracted was a lot for Sadie, and he was hoping she would open up a bit more for him if they were somewhere private.

Jett's home was a large Spanish style with panoramic windows. The setting sun reflected off of them, casting a beautiful orange glow throughout. Inside was modern, but not full of furniture. There was a large L shaped sofa and a television hanging over the fire place. There was a table in the breakfast nook off of the kitchen, and a treadmill in one of the other main rooms.

Nicely decorated, but sparce. The colors were also dark, and he had a case of random objects that had a weird energy.

"I'm not here much," Jett chuckled awkwardly. He'd never brought anyone over. He took girls to hotel rooms, and he hadn't had a serious relationship since he had bought the place.

"I love the view from all these windows," Sadie said, absolutely mesmerized. The sunsets he must see every night were movie worthy.

She could care less what his home looked like. It was his, and any opportunity to learn more about him was enough for her.

She watched as Jett gathered all of the ingredients for dinner. His kitchen was immaculate with state of the art appliances and a massive island. It was everything she dreamed about.

"Chicken and roasted vegetables okay? Nothing fancy but-"

"It's perfect, Jett. How can I help?" Sadie asked, stepping into his personal space.

It was amazing how comfortable she was with him, and now that she knew he felt something too, she didn't need to shy away (not unless he noticed and then she would very much shy away).

He had her cut the vegetables while he started marinating the chicken. It felt very couple like, something that was odd to the both of them.

The food was delicious. It was simple, but exactly what Sadie wanted. She hated eating out more than once a day, but that was the consequence of staying in a hotel room.

She insisted on taking care of the dishes for him, and then he led her over to the plush couch.

"Thank you for dinner," she murmured. She felt like she was sitting so far away from him, but she didn't know how close he wanted her to sit.

"I'm glad you came over. It was really nice," he said softly, watching her intensely. He knew she wanted to sit closer, so he patted the spot next to him, letting her decide what she wanted, waiting for her signature blush to fill her cheeks.

He was not disappointed as she scoot closer, pretty much pressed against his side. She was so warm, inside and out. He felt his heart pick up speed as he took in the feeling of her soft body against his.