Chapter Twenty-Nine

A/N - Please take note of the rating, especially for this chapter. As I mentioned in the last update, this chapter is mostly a flashback of Allie's experience in college and contains a brief (but not graphic) scene of sexual assault.

Thirteen Years Ago

Allie took one last look in the mirror, satisfied with the outfit she'd chosen for tonight. It was just sexy enough to meet the Sigma Phi house's rules for entry, but not too much that she felt uncomfortable. Her tight pencil skirt ended mid-thigh, and it was definitely shorter than she was used to wearing, but the rules did indicate that any skirt longer than 12 inches was prohibited.

She laughed a little to herself, shaking her head at these ridiculous rules, but it was the Sigma house and their rules were their rules, she supposed. She knew how frats worked, and knew it was more about the power and the control than anything, so she was willing to play by their rules for tonight, because at the next party, Kappa would be calling the shots.

Her eyes flicked back to the mirror as she turned up the Taylor Swift song playing from her mp3 player. A white button-up seemed like a bad idea for a lot of reasons. First, it was a little more transparent than she would've liked, but seeing as how she didn't have a button-up like that to go with her grey skirt, and had had to borrow one from her suitemate, Meg, beggars couldn't really be choosers. It was too late to go shopping anyway. Still...she'd been to plenty of Sigma parties before to know that someone was bound to dump a drink on her at some point. That was just how those parties went. And then that transparent button-up would be a lot more transparent, but there wasn't much she could do about it now.

But she was still wavering on just how many buttons to leave undone. Her black push-up bra didn't have that much to push up, exactly, but if she undid one more button, the entire front section of her lacy bra would be on full display. All that being said, she did have the correct amount of buttons left undone, per the carefully-worded Sigma rules for this corporate CEOs and office hoes party.

"Hey!" Meg called out from behind her. "Are you ready to go or what? Hannah just texted and said everyone is downstairs already."

Just as she glanced apprehensively one more time in the mirror, feeling a little too exposed, a little too uncomfortable with the skirt and the button-up, her phone started ringing on her nightstand. Allie dove for it, hitting the talk button to answer it.

"Hello?" she answered breathlessly.

"Hey, babe," her boyfriend's smooth voice greeted her. "You ladies almost on your way or what?"

"Hey, Ty. Yeah, we were just about to leave."

Allie's eyes lifted to where Meg was sprawled on her bed, and her suitemate rolled her eyes at her. Allie just huffed out a laugh and shook her head. It was sort of the truth anyway.

"Alright, babe. I just wanted to see where you were at," Tyler told her. "I haven't seen you all day, and I miss you. Ugh, I just wish you were here right now. We're good though, right?"

Allie inhaled slowly, and then another deep breath just to give herself a minute. "Yeah, Ty, everything's good. I'll text you when we're at the door, okay?"

"Sounds good. I'll make sure everyone gets in. See you in a bit. Love you, babe."

"Yeah," Allie exhaled, feeling her stomach churn a little at the three words she'd have to say next. "Love you too."

She hit the end button and tossed her phone onto her bed with a heavy sigh. It was all there in his voice - some apology, a little bit of indifference, more than a little bit of expectation. The night before had gotten...weird in his room at Sigma to say the least. And really uncomfortable. And, if she was being completely honest with herself, it had turned into something she really, really hadn't liked.