Chapter Thirteen

He had seconds, maybe less than that. The door wasn't going to hold much longer, and Allie was already halfway out the window. From the corner of his eye, he could see that Ope had Lyla and Piper, but all his focus was on the leg hitched over the window, the arms braced against the windowsill and he had to get to her - he didn't have a moment to lose. His heart pounded in his chest, and pure adrenaline propelled him toward the window as he reached for her.

Allie shrieked, jumping at the feeling of leather gloves on her forearms. She was able to focus long enough to register that it was him, that it wasn't somebody trying to hurt her, that she was so close to safety. His hands dropped to her waist, and he pulled her through the window just as her would-be attacker dove for her.

The second Allie's feet hit the ground, Jax pounced.

That fucker stared back at him through the window, just long enough for Jax's furious gaze to lock on him, and then he turned on his heel to run the other way. Jax swung a leg through the window, climbed through the rest of the way, and launched himself at the guy. He pinned him into the floor of Allie's office, flipped him around on his back, and then he unleashed. Jax swung his fist over and over again, letting his knuckles crack across the guy's face until his head bounced against the floor.

He glanced up long enough to see that Tig had skidded into the room, his wild eyes darting around and blood dripping from his nose. Jax let up and pinned the sorry sack of shit underneath him with his foot to keep him in place.

"Where're the girls?" Tig huffed out breathlessly as he staggered deeper inside the office, his eyes scanning the room for any sign of them.

"Ope's got 'em," Jax pushed out and then leaned his heel into the guy's throat just for good measure.

Two seconds later, Happy and Chibs appeared in the doorway with a second asshole. They had his arms yanked behind his back as they shoved him inside the office, sending him right into the floor next to his buddy. Happy made quick work of securing the second guy, and promptly followed his president's lead by slamming his foot right into the guy's throat.

Now that things were under control, Jax took a moment to get his bearings again and come back to himself a little. He glanced down at the fucker underneath his white sneaker and grinned at him. This guy was lucky Tig had shown up when he did because Jax knew he might not have been able to stop. There were two of them - and the club really only needed one.

But, he reminded himself, the club got one more body.

These two weren't it. And they were the luckiest sons of bitches in the world.

"You ready to talk?" Jax propped an elbow on his knee as he put a little more pressure on the throat underneath his foot. "Or you good like this? Doesn't matter to me, bro. I could sit here all day."

He let up just enough to give the guy some air, and the guy sputtered breathlessly underneath his foot. Jax gave him an opportunity, and when the idiot didn't take it, his forearm pressed deeper into his knee to apply some more pressure.

"How 'bout now?"

When the guy gargled a little underneath his foot, Jax let up on the pressure. Then he shifted his weight to haul the asshole up by the front of his shirt. Jax slammed his shoulders into the wall, making the shelves rattle from the impact. In a flash, Opie shoved Jax out of the way and wrapped his big bear paws around the guy's neck.

Opie leaned in menacingly, bringing his face so close it was practically lethal. "You're fucking dead."

Jax put his hand on his VP's shoulder, but Opie just shrugged him off.