Chapter Eleven

"Why'd we leave her in there?" Storm asked.

"It's easier to mull things over when you're alone," Thrill said simply. Storm only shrugged.

"Do you think she'll believe you?" Grey asked.

"I really hope so," Thrill said, "or else I just wasted way too much time talking. Ugh. That's the first legitimate lecture I've given, and I hated it. My throat's killing me," she added, trying to lighten the mood. Storm and Grey smiled faintly, too preoccupied to emote.

They all layed down outside, staring up at the sky. The sun was slowly setting. This had been the longest day of their lives. All three of them were in a no-talking mood, so they sat together in a comfortable yet troubled silence. For the most part, it was nice. Storm and Grey dozed off almost at the same time, in a somewhat-hug. Thrill had started to nap, too-it had just hit her how little she'd slept and how tired she was. She fell asleep just as she was considering insomnia.

---

Sugar Rush was left all alone after the biggest bombshell or her life had dropped on her. She considered protesting, but that hadn't gotten her anywhere, so she decided to keep her mouth shut for once.

Instead, Rush thought about what all had been said. Her head started to ache.

Rush still wasn't sure she wanted the fact that everything Thrill Killer told her was true. She knew it was all true, but it was all too much. At first, she wanted to shrug it all away and keep working for BLind, but she couldn't. It was as if Thrill's words were inside her head, fighting off the amnesia. That's probably why it was hurting so much.

How could Thrill Killer be more powerful than Better LIving Industries?! Rush thought angrily.

She suddenly gasped, realizing that she had just admitted to being brainwashed.

Sugar Rush had never felt more confused in her life. Then again, BLind had shortened her life to a few days old, but still.

She shut her eyes tightly and tried to make her headache go away, but if anything, it was getting worse.

She felt so confused and in pain that she started to prefer blacking out again. She felt hopeless.

I believe Thrill Killer, okay?!?! She thought to herself. So just stop all this NOW!!!

That's when it happened. It was like Thrill's words embedded into her mind, though her memories of being a Drac remained.

On the outside, it looked like Sugar Rush was having a seizure. On the inside, though, Rush felt like her head was exploding; then, suddenly, imploding.

As soon as it all happened, it had stopped.

Sugar Rush leaned forward and exhaled in relief. She was no longer in pain, though she did feel like she lived ten years in ten seconds.

Suddenly, Rush remembered why she was going to this place as a Drac.

Something horrible was about to happen.

"THRILL KILLER!!!"