Chapter One

"I'm so bored!" Sugar Rush burst out in frustration. "There is absolutely nothing to do!"

"Target practice?" Thrill Killer suggested, not looking up from the book she found in an abandoned gas station.

"I've done that twice today already. I've hit the bulls-eye the entire time, might I add."

Irritated with the complaining, Thrill Killer slapped her book down. "Fine. How about this; we're running low on fuel, you can wake up Hail Storm and come with us."
"Eh. Okay," Sugar Rush decided, still slightly frustrated with her boredom. She turned in the direction of the only other door in the place and shouted, "HEY! STORM! WAKE UP! GAS RUN IN FIVE!"
Hail Storm stumbled outside with the other two a few minutes later, a little groggy but looking ready. When they piled into their old Impala and set off to find another abandoned vehicle or gas station, Sugar Rush sighed loudly.
"What? Do you want another ambush or something?" Thrill Killer shot at her, not taking her eyes off the road.
"No!" Sugar Rush said defensively. "It's just been...quiet lately. It's never been this calm for this long."

"That's because we haven't done anything to provoke the Draculoids," Thrill Killer replied.

"Well, maybe we should provoke them."

"I wish, heaven knows we need some excitement, but we should really keep laying low until Storm's arm recovers," Thrill shrugged, referring to Hail Storm's arm that had been shot a few weeks ago.

Storm, who was sitting silently in the back seat, spoke up. "Thrill, my arm's doing a lot better," she said, flexing her bandaged arm. "We could do something if we wanted."

"Alright, alright. Fine. Soon we'll raise some hell," Thrill grinned, making the mistake of looking at Storm instead of the road.

Suddenly, Rush yelled, "DRAC ON THE ROAD!!!"
Thrill Killer whipped her head back around and slammed on the brakes, making them all jolt forward violently. They had stopped twenty feet from the Draculoid, who was acting as if it heard or saw nothing.

"Guns out and ready to fire!" Thrill hissed, exiting the car. The others followed. They had all expected it to be running and firing at them, but it merely stood there, unaware and unarmed.

"What's it playing at?" Storm asked angrily.

"I don't think it has its weapon, but...even so...it should be at least trying to fight us," Thrill analysed.

"Let's get a closer look at it," Rush suggested. The other two nodded in agreement and walked toward the strange Draculoid.

"I've never seen a Drac by itself," Storm thought aloud. "Maybe it's a new tactic of theirs?"

"Could be," replied Rush.

They stopped five feet away from the Drac. It still did nothing, seemingly unaware of the killjoys' presence. "Rush," Thrill said, glancing at the broken down building near them. "Check and make sure it's just us and this Drac." Rush nodded and ran to the building.

"Should we just kill it?" Hail Storm asked.

"Hmm," Thrill thought. "Not yet. If it's not really alone, we could trigger others to come out if we killed it now."

Storm shrugged but kept her gun out. Rush came back a few minutes later and reported that there was nothing hiding out. Thrill's eyes narrowed at the Drac. Storm raised her gun, but Thrill motioned for her to put it down. She grudgingly obeyed.

"I wonder...did the BLind people leave this one out here to die or something? Or did it wander off on its own?" Thrill wondered.
Then, out of a sudden impulse, she reached forward and ripped off the Draculoid's mask.