Chapter Eight

The Draculoid was Sugar Rush.

That was the only thing that Thrill Killer could think of. She just stared at Rush, who was unconscious and in a Drac suit.

"Thrill!" Grey was shouting, picking her up off the ground. "Come back to us."

Thrill blinked. "I'm fine..." she said out of habit.

"No, you're not," Storm said quietly.

"Neither are you!" Thrill snapped back defensively. And she was right. Fear and panic were all over her face. Thrill could only imagine how she looked.

"We should get Rush in the car, then..." Grey said. The other two agreed. After they all put her in the passenger seat, they rode back in silence. Nothing happened except Grey putting an arm around Storm, but Thrill wasn't in the mood to say anything about it.

When they got back, they set Sugar Rush on the couch, and Hail Storm started working on the gunshot wound. Thrill Killer went outside to be alone with her thoughts.

Thrill gazed up at the sky. It was almost noon now. She hadn't realized how many hours had passed. But that wasn't important. She heard footsteps and jumped, startled.

It was Grey Area. "Oh, sorry," he said awkwardly.

"Don't be," Thrill said, motioning for him to sit down next to her. He did.

"So...are you...y'know...okay?" he asked.

Thrill sighed. "I'd lie to you, but you don't deserve that. No; I'm not okay. I promise."

"Me either. Thanks for deciding to trust me," he said with a small smile.

"Woah there, Grey. I didn't say I trust you. I just said you don't deserve my lies."

"Oh. Sorry."

Thrill shoved Grey lightly. "Stop apologizing so damn much. It's okay to have a backbone, y'know."

"Okay. S-" he started to apologize, but caught himself and grinned. Thrill grinned back.

"So, you don't trust me?" Grey asked, trying out his new spine.

"Don't take it personally," Thrill shrugged. "I don't exactly trust anyone. It's sort of hard to explain. I mean, there are some people I distrust less than others, but no one I completely trust. I think that's having a little too much faith and that can blind you from all the bad things, and that's way too dangerous."

"Really? I can see how you think that, but I like to think of trust as something good. It means someone has your back always, and vice versa if they trust you back. It keeps you less worried when you trust someone," Grey countered.

"You're talking about Storm, aren't you?" Thrill smirked.

Grey turned slightly pink. "Uh, yeah."

Thrill punched his arm playfully. "You're so sweeeet!" She fake-sang, causing Grey to shove her away just as playfully.

"Looks like you're feeling better," Grey commented.

Thrill shrugged, still smiling. "Yeah, I guess. You're a pretty good person. In all seriousness, I think you and Storm are good together. Just don't hurt her, or I'll have to hurt you."

Grey laughed slightly. "I won't."

They sat in a comfortable silence for a while.

That is, until they heard a shriek from inside.