Chapter Six (Part Two)

Hail Storm was up early that morning, pacing around. Thrill Killer had been gone all night, and all of Storm's anger had turned into worry.

Well, almost all of it.

When Grey Area woke up a few hours later and saw Storm, who was still pacing around outside, he went to try and calm her down.

“Hey," he said, which snapped her out of her routine.

“Oh. Hey. How long've you been up?” She asked distractedly.

“A few minutes. Are-um-are you okay?”

Hail Storm looked up at him, angst written all over her face.

“No,” she said plainly. “Because the last time someone took off all night, without me, without notice, I found their corpse before the Dracs put her in a body bag! I was all alone until Thrill add Rush took me in, and now they're both gone!”

Realizing what she had just said, Storm's eyes widened and she quickly looked down, embarrassed.

“I-I'm so sorry,” Grey said softly.

“Don't be,” Storm muttered.

The sound of an engine suddenly got their attention. They both sighed in relief when they saw the Impala speed toward them.

“What in the h-” Storm started as she saw Thrill get out of the car, but stopped when she got a closer look at her.

Thrill staggered and fell. Grey and Storm ran over to help her up.

“What's wrong?” Gery asked, trying not to freak out.

“Got shot,” Thrill replied through gritted teeth. “But that doesn't matter. We need to get Rush...she got taken-”

“You're not going anywhere right now, look at you!” Storm said as they carried her inside.

“But we can't lose time!” Thrill argued.

“Thrill, we need to fix up your injury before you go anywhere. You'll be useless if you can't even walk!” Grey exclaimed, placing her on the couch. Storm nodded in agreement.

Thrill tried to protest, but instead shut her eyes.

“She's not dead, is she!?” Grey said, now starting to panic.

Storm shook her head. “Just unconscious. I now how to take care of injuries like this. Get me the first aid kit over there, please,” she gestured to the racks nearest the door as she found the wound.

Grey ran to grab the kit and ran back, knocking over many other things in the process but not caring. Storm, on the other hand, was completely calm as she cleaned up and bandaged Thrill's shot side. It was right above her hip, but luckily didn't hit anything vital.

“She'll be fine,” Storm told Grey, who was mindlessly grabbing at his hair. “She just needs to rest for a day or two before she can do anything about Rush...”

Her mind suddenly wandered from thinking about the injured Thrill. “Grey...what did she mean when she said Rush was taken?”

“I guess she meant taken by some Dracs or something...” Grey replied, now yanking at his hair even harder then before. Storm's eyes went wide.

“It makes sense. I mean, who else would've shot Thrill?” Storm said in a false-calm voice.

She buried her face in her hands. Grey stopped pulling at his hair and put his hand on her shoulder in an awkward attempt to comfort her. She looked up in surprise, and he quickly drew back.

“Sorry,” they said in unison, turning slightly pink. Both turned their attention back to Thrill, who was starting to come to.

Thrill Killer's eyes slowly opened. She first looked around, confused; then she became frantic and tried to jump up, but Storm restrained her.

“Hey! Let me go! Rush is in trouble!” Thrill was yelling, trying (and failing) to break free.

“Thrill!” Grey shouted. “You need to calm down! You're hurt!”

“I got that, thanks,” Thrill deadpanned. “But it doesn't matter! I can suck it up!” She lied.

“No, you can't!” Storm said. “Stop acting like a kid and stay still!”

Scowling, Thrill stopped. She suddenly felt ashamed of how childish she was being and stopped scowling, red-faced. “Sorry,” she mumbled.

“You've got to rest up right here for at least a day, and you're not to go anywhere, got it?” Storm stated firmly.

Thrill looked at her in disbelief. “Do you not understand how urgent it is for us to go right now!?”

“Actually, not really,” Grey cut in. “Why don't you fill us in a little more?”

Sighing in defeat, Thrill told them everything that happened since she left. “So can we please go now?” She finished.

Grey, who was tugging at his hair again, looked at Storm for an answer.

“Look, I really wish we could, but we really need to wait. You're still pretty useless right now. We'll go tomorrow at daybreak, okay? But, where, exactly?”

“Battery City,” Thrill said immediately, confirming Storm's fears. “That's where those dicks that took Rush scurry around, isn't it? So that's where we need to go.”

Grey and Storm nodded but said nothing.

Tomorrow they were all going to march into Battery City and get Sugar Rush back.