Chapter Four

A few days had passed. Grey Area was steadily recovering, though none his memory seemed to be returning.

Sugar Rush was still gone. Thrill Killer still thought about what she said: "Simple right and wrong doesn't exist. It's too complicated for that."

Thrill knew Rush was right, but there was no way she'd admit it.

One afternoon, Grey looked particularly troubled.

"You okay?" Hail Storm asked him.

Grey looked up at her. "What did I do when I wore that mask?"

Thrill, who was fixing the Impala's breaks nearby, stopped and came over to them. Storm looked at her with uncertainty. Thrill shrugged in reply and turned to Grey Area.

"Well," Thrill started, "before I tell you that, you need to understand what B-L-I-N-D is."

"Wait...doesn't that spell 'blind'?" Grey asked.

"Ha. Yeah. That's what we call it. It stands for 'Better Living Industries'. They made this place called Battery City. They think that they're this utopian city, and everyone and everything outside the city is dytopian. All Battery City really is is a mindless mass of people and andriods that always follow the orders given and never actually think for themselves. They have Draculoids, which you were, and S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/Ws to either turn everyone out here into one of them or eliminate them. Oh, and by the way, the people outside of the city are called killjoys; we fight against BLind. From the sound of it, you were a killjoy who got caught and turned. The mask makes you turn into a Drac; I'm not sure how and I don't think I want to know. And apparently you can take off the mask and turn the people back to their original selves...So, yeah. That's about it."

Grey Area sat for a minute to process everything.

"I...killed people!?" He said finally, horrified.

"There's no solid proof, but most likely, yes," Storm replied.

"We've killed, too," Thrill said softly. "We're in the wrong as well."

"No, you guys are in the right!" Grey almost shouted. "So what if you kill, you have better reasons than BLind does! I want to be a killjoy now. I want to help take down BLind."

Storm smiled. "Welcome to the club. Let's go and find you a killjoy mask."

As the two walked away in good spirits, Thrill started to think about what Grey had said.

We do have good reasons for killing, she thought to herself. I mean, it's helping what we stand for, right? Why do I feel so wrong, then? Maybe...hm...maybe, instead of just murdering the Dracs, we can turn them back and put them on our side! Then our army'll be bigger and stronger! Fantastic! Damn...that means Rush was right...well, I am, too...sort of...but still.

Grimacing, Thrill Killer turned and ran into the Impala.

"Hey! Where are you going!?" Storm yelled, sprinting outside at the sound of the engine starting.

"To find Sugar Rush," Thrill yelled back as she sped off.